SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta 1301 Tactical
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 1301 Tactical Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted
I've been looking at shotguns the past few months and decided on a Beretta 1301. They're pretty hard to come by right now so I was glad to see this one pop up on some local classifieds.

It's a Gen 2 with factory 7+1 capacity. I didn't necessarily want the pistol grip stocked version (wanted the extended tube), but it was too good of a buy to pass up. I'll give it a whirl, but may end up swapping out the stock.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I have one, and I love it! You won’t be disappointed! I don’t have the pistol grip stock, but have been considering swapping it for a Magpul using the Aridus adapter. Looks like the previous owner added the Aridus mag extension and QD/light mount already! That saved you a bunch of money!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Lemme tell ya how lucky I was...

I was able to find an unfired 1301 that the owner had sold the Beretta stock on in anticipation of swapping to Magpul. Things happened and he never got the Magpul before deciding to sell. So I wound up with a stock-less 1301 for about 300$ less than new and was able to snag a Magpul Stock kit for 150$ from Big Tex Ordnance.

Now just waiting on the foreend assembly to show back up at a couple places.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to a range report as this is currently in my top two of possible next purchases.

Would love info on recoil and if it leaves less residue than other gas operated guns.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I have an LTT 1301 and I think you'll love your gun. Obviously mine has the Magpul stock, again which I love.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'm really happy with my Beretta original 1301 Comp. These are simply tactical versions of their popular A400 series shotguns. I've got five members of this family and use them for everything from hunting to sporting clays to HD. They're reliable, easy to maintain, and shoot relatively soft due to their "Blink" gas operation. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with yours.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i would of bought one if I could of found one for a decent price. Instead I bought two Mossberg pumps. A 500 pistol and a 590 security. Pretty happy with the choice.
But would of been happy with a the Beretta semi too. I will keep an eye open.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19181 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
If all goes right, I might be procuring a new 1301 Comp after the New Year on a trade deal.

I've been waiting to add a semi auto for awhile now (besides my venerable Remington 1100) and this checks a lot of boxes.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Next time someone has one out and a tape measure handy, I'd like to know the "height" of the receiver up front. How thick/tall, top to bottom.

And how are they to load? I owned an Xtrema ever so briefly a few years ago, and it was far and a way the most awkward, fussy to load tube fed shotgun I've ever messed with. That and the size of the receiver have made me shy away from the 1301's.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great shotgun, and despite the price tag, a best buy in the world of semi-auto 12 gauge.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually the only ones with that config that I've seen are LE only sales.

I have a standard Gen 2 tactical with fixed choke. Of course, that's also an LE config because the commercial ones have replaceable chokes. I'm fine with the simpler barrel.

I put the Nordic extension on mine and I'm waiting for the Aridus parts to bet back in stock...

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Usually the only ones with that config that I've seen are LE only sales.

I have a standard Gen 2 tactical with fixed choke. Of course, that's also an LE config because the commercial ones have replaceable chokes. I'm fine with the simpler barrel.

I put the Nordic extension on mine and I'm waiting for the Aridus parts to bet back in stock...

Their models are kind of confusing. This one has choke tubes, so I think it's a "civilian" version. Everything is factory. I'm on the hunt for an Aridus CROM.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I'm really happy with my Beretta original 1301 Comp. These are simply tactical versions of their popular A400 series shotguns. I've got five members of this family and use them for everything from hunting to sporting clays to HD.

Beretta (on the telephone) told me, 'no, the 1301 is not an A400, and no, we don't have longer barrels suitable for trap shooting with your 1301 Comp.'

Not correct?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I thought I wanted the 1301 Tactical but ended up with the 21" barreled 1301 Comp. I'm a big guy with a 37" sleeve, and the Tactical was just a little too small for me. The 1301 and the A400 are different receivers, and the barrels are not cross compatible.

quote:
I'm really happy with my Beretta original 1301 Comp. These are simply tactical versions of their popular A400 series shotguns. I've got five members of this family and use them for everything from hunting to sporting clays to HD. They're reliable, easy to maintain, and shoot relatively soft due to their "Blink" gas operation. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with yours.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I thought I wanted the 1301 Tactical but ended up with the 21" barreled 1301 Comp. I'm a big guy with a 37" sleeve, and the Tactical was just a little too small for me. The 1301 and the A400 are different receivers, and the barrels are not cross compatible.

quote:

Is it kinda a pain dealing with that barrel clamp for cleaning? Any worries about the fasteners etc.?

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:

quote:

Is it kinda a pain dealing with that barrel clamp for cleaning? Any worries about the fasteners etc.?

I have the same type of clamp on my 870. It's no big deal to take it off when I need to break the gun down for cleaning. You can also get a rail for the top of the receiver so you can mount an optic.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Added a few goodies:

GG&G adapter and MagPul SGA (Mossberg) stock.

Aridus Industries CROM with a Holosun 507C V2.

Aridus Industries adapter and MagPul Zhukov handguard.

Esstac shotgun card(s).

Arisaka Scout light mount.

And an el-cheapo sling I had in a drawer with custom 550 cord attachments...Big Grin

Saving my pennies for a light and a better sling.

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
How hard was it to get the Aridus Industries MagPul Zhukov handguard? I've been trying for over a year and can never find it when it's in stock.

quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Added a few goodies:

GG&G adapter and MagPul SGA (Mossberg) stock.

Aridus Industries CROM with a Holosun 507C V2.

Aridus Industries adapter and MagPul Zhukov handguard.

Esstac shotgun card(s).

Arisaka Scout light mount.

And an el-cheapo sling I had in a drawer with custom 550 cord attachments...Big Grin

Saving my pennies for a light and a better sling.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I snagged it out of the classifieds on another forum.

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
The only modification I don’t see is the bolt release shroud.
This prevents a jam when a shell doesn’t load after accidentally releasing the bolt.
Unless the Gen 2 corrected that problem…..

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post