SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anschutz 1416DHB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anschutz 1416DHB Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
I had a couple of these at one time and like a true knucklehead I sold them both. I regretted that decision and recently found a replacement. It is on the way to me and these are the sellers photos. Made in 2007 shows some nice wood grain.
This model has a single stage trigger, beavertail forearm, and heavy barrel. Should be a good bench shooter. .22 LR of course. Cool

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2772 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Nice, I always wanted an Anschutz and maybe some day I will. Cool

Posts: 22918 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Very nice!
And now eagerly awaiting the range reports. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Tha IS nice!

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I like the light stock. Does it have a 16" heavy barrel?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
I like the light stock. Does it have a 16" heavy barrel?

ridewv, the finish is not factory finish. They typically had a dark finish, but previous owner had refinished it. The barrel is 22" heavy barrel.
I'm glad it was refinished, shows off the wood now.

Posts: 2772 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The Anschutz rifles I have seen are obviously high quality and accurate, but usually rather plain to look at. Is the stock maple?

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
The Anschutz rifles I have seen are obviously high quality and accurate, but usually rather plain to look at. Is the stock maple?

Pretty sure it is walnut, least that is what the Anschutz website says.

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Maple stocks are VERY rarely found on ANY long-arm in Europe, especially a mass-produced product like those made by J H Anschutz.

With VERY few exceptions, and bearing in mind the price-point of any Anschutz product, all their stocks are either walnut or cunningly-tinted beech. Having said that, and having been an Anschutz shooter since 1967, I've never seen a beech-stock version except on the biathlon rifles they make at vast expense.

Posts: 11331 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
My Anschutz 141. Many years old

My 1413

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6317 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Very nice Hamden. I received mine today and have some better photos. Very nice shape, if it shoots as good as it looks I will be happy!

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Trigger sear and pull weight adjusted for bench duty. Waiting on my scope now.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I found a now discontinued Weaver T36 target scope for the Anschutz. I received it today in the mail. All mounted up and ready to dial it in this coming week, weather permitting. Looks like a new scope!

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
^^^ scope looks like a great choice.

Both in amazing condition.

Hope it shoots all in one hole for you.

Posts: 3503 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
^^^ scope looks like a great choice.

Both in amazing condition.

Hope it shoots all in one hole for you.

Thanks, I hope it shoots. Maybe I can get it to the range this week. Wind has been crazy lately.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I had a chance to test some ammo in the Anschutz. The target is one we use in an online competition. Dots are 1/2" and we shoot two shots in each dot trying to keep them in the black. Lapua is showing some potential. Shooting from 50 yards.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Looks good, as expected. Smile
Which version of Lapua ammunition did you use? Oops, disregard. I finally saw the annotations at the top of the target.

(I love accuracy and precision reports for guns like this.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post