SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Peep sight options for older eyes?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peep sight options for older eyes? Login/Join 
posted
I have Ranger Precision peeps installed on my Marlin 1895, the cloverleaf fiber optic aperature ones. My eyes have changed and I can no longer get a good sight picture thru them. The only way I can focus thru the rear is to extend the distance between my eye and the aperature. I have to move my head back so far I cannot get a cheek weld on the stock. I'm wondering if the size/shape of the aperature would make a difference. Can anyone speak from experience on this? I'd really like to keep peeps on it, lever guns need iron sights!

Posts: 489 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I like peeps too on my 1895 but I need certain glasses to get a good sight picture.
As our eyes age we are forced to make adjustments. I have gone to a scout scope on mine. Another option is to mount a RDS of your choice on the rail. Either will take care of the eye issue.
As my Plt. Sgt. used to say, "You don't have to like it. You just have to do it."

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 720 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16152 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't think that is the link you meant to post?

Posts: 489 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post