SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mid length AR15 replacement handguard recommendations requested

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mid length AR15 replacement handguard recommendations requested Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking for an AR15 mid length (existing handguard measures 8.6" overall) M-Lok or quad rail type handguard which works with a picatinny gas block (clamp on), triangle type handguard cap, and the spring loaded ring retainer.

I was going to go with MagPul, but according to their customer service, the ones they offer in the length I need aren't compatible with my triangle cap.

Who makes a good handguard compatible with the above components?

Thank you!

-------------
$

Posts: 7623 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
MWI has Mlok and quad rails for that.
https://www.midwestindustriesi...uct-p/mi-18m-blk.htm

Posts: 1065 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am probably going to get laughed at but on one of my inexpensive ar rifles, I have a Leapers/UTG(Under The Gun) Pro-Slim Metal rail/hand guard. I have to say it is actually pretty nice and is made for the triangular fit. It is a 2 piece drop in part for the mid-length guns.

Posts: 5961 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Something like this?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102169157

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1462 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
If your willing to spend, the new Geiselle handguards are top notch.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 578 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post