SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So are you worried about your braced pistols?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So are you worried about your braced pistols? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Rexster:
What is accomplished by the act of worrying?

The loss of money, as in my previous post the guy lost 500+ when he sold his braced pistol AR.

The guy lost $500 because he was an idiot, not because of the brace. Gun shops always offer bottom dollar anyway, and the brace issue is just something a gun shop can now use to justify offering even less. It’s on the guy if he fell for it.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

The guy lost $500 because he was an idiot, not because of the brace. Gun shops always offer bottom dollar anyway, and the brace issue is just something a gun shop can now use to justify offering even less. It’s on the guy if he fell for it.

Oh, true that.
He worried about and it cost him dearly.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
^^^ Not only does NFA = Registration, it also equals $200 for each form. The govt finally figured out there is a shitload of money to be made via NFA and that's the route it will take.

There is not a lot of money, by government standards, in registration fees. Even if it is 100,000 SBRs at $200, that is $20 million which is nothing to the government. It is all about the politics.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
^^^ Not only does NFA = Registration, it also equals $200 for each form. The govt finally figured out there is a shitload of money to be made via NFA and that's the route it will take.

There is not a lot of money, by government standards, in registration fees. Even if it is 100,000 SBRs at $200, that is $20 million which is nothing to the government. It is all about the politics.

They will likely spend more than the 20 million on collection expense and bureaucracy. Really not kidding.

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
I am not sitting on a pallet of cocaine and they will never know my braces are unregistered.

Well you know.....except for this post. Just saying. Razz

I am of the mind that I am AMAZED braces or even just the original SB brace passed ATF muster in the first place. I mean it’s fairly obvious where that train was going to go.

Now I think all the SBS/SBR regs are nonsense at their core and that is not coming from somebody who thinks EVERY gun law is an infringement but man SBS/SBR/Supressor regs are a waste of time and resources full stop.

Sometimes I think items like braced pistols and bump stocks were created for the sole purpose of being a sacrificial category of products that anti-gunners can go after, instead of mainstream MSRs that the vast majority of people own.

But alas, liberals want all guns gone anyway soo......

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Rexster:
I have a nice Eberlestock backpack, with an internal weapon sleeve, that will accommodate a LAW-folded AR15, with up to a 16” barrel.

Interested....Which one? Wink

Big Trick.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
So catch 22 in WA state. An individual can have a Federally ok’d SBR, but an individual cannot assemble one.

They must acquire one from a WA. State FFL who has the appropriate licenses to manufacture them AND also does “legitimate” law enforcement or military work.

Will a “pistol” with a brace that is form 1’d still be a braced “pistol”? Would there be some new class of firearm vs it and an SBR?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nobody knows. But I assume in my view of the available options to the ATF that they would simply say you have to form one them and have some form of amnesty and maybe as has been suggested a 'free' period to do so. I can't imagine some new category of gun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post