SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Looking for any night vision Veterans Day deals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for any night vision Veterans Day deals Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
I’ve checked a few places I know of, please let me know if I’m missing something.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Might be better off waiting a week or two. The Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales will be coming online soon. Apollo Gear, Goonin Gear, Steele Industries, Customnightvision.com are all good to go. Avoid TNVC, everyone gets their fucking credit card stolen, you'll wait months and overpay to boot.

You know what you wanna get, or a good idea what you're looking for? Secondary market is where it's at right now, everyone's hurting for money and dumping their expensive toys they weren't using enough. Seeing lots of "this is my loaner unit" getting listed for cheap the last few months. With Christmas coming, people are going to want to liquidate big ticket items to free up funds.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Huey, Feral Texas, and Outdoor Legacy are GTG. You probably will find B&H will have some of the best prices and often bonus stuff.

Feral Texas Outdoors has a large and diverse lineup for a small place. They, Huey, and O_L have YT channels showing of the stuff in-field.

O_L YT

Hans ETX YT

FTO YT

Huey YT

Posts: 5783 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I guess it matters what kind of night vision you’re talking about. Wink

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Looking for a PVS14, leaning to WP. Gen 2+ or 3.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If you’re using terms like 2+ then I know you’ve been looking at stuff like Photonis and NNVT. You’re going to lose a good bit of clarity going that route. Even surplused Omni tubes are going to beat those. WP in a Gen 2+ is nothing like WP in L3 filmless, at the budget end of the spectrum, you’re better off going with GP tubes in a Gen 3. You’ll pay less and get better resolution. If you have to have WP, I suggest at least getting an Elbit thin filmed Gen 3’s. I stand by my statement that used is probably your best bet, especially for a 14. You can get into a good used one for under two grand.

I have some friends who are deep into this stuff. I’ll see if I can email you that exact comparison video one of them took the other day.

Also, this may be controversial, but don’t write off duals. There’s some really great dual tube setups people are unloading for cheap. I’m talking $3,500 for RNVG’s with older L3 and Elbit thin film GP.

posted Hide Post
quote:
$3,500 for RNVG’s with older L3 and Elbit thin film GP.
Dang. That's pretty sweet.

Posts: 2454 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post