SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Non NFA 14” barreled shotguns
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non NFA 14” barreled shotguns Login/Join 
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
^^^^^^

No trouble at all. I think there are a lot of people who don’t know all the rules with these.

Yes, as mentioned in a previous post I got the stamp for mine and got it engraved in order to turn it into a legal SBS. As soon as you add a stock it changes from “other” into a shotgun and since it’s got a 14” barrel it’s a short barrel shotgun, which is illegal without the stamp and engravings. I should have mentioned that in this last post though and will go edit it.

I do hope to add another one though in original form. I should have grabbed another when they were plentiful and selling for around $350 or so. Now I see them at $600ish.

OK, cool. It's certainly confusing, and I've heard people say you could add a stock without going NFA, but it never sounded right.

I want to Form 1 a 14" semi auto to an SBS one of these days. Love that Magpual stock.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Picked up mine today.
Parts & accessories are trickling in every day. Big Grin

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Perfect overall size.
My recent forum 1 , 10.5” SBR for size comparison.
Anxious to get it out to the range.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I have a shockwave in 12 gauge. Shot it with 00 buck and it really wasn’t bad. Pretty accurate too. I keep it in my truck.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I bought 40rds of Aguila mini shells #4 & #1 Buckshot, and a couple boxes of #4 high brass.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Micro viridian laser , mini tac light , new safety lever & personalized sissy strap came in today!

The Grumpy Strap !!! LoL

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Grumpy came out nice - like the custom strap. Enjoy! Have only shot the 20 gauge but surprisingly easy with anything but 3” Turkey loads. Laser helps with rough target pickup/faster than beadsite. Only firearm I’ve like the laser on.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I like the custom strap! Where did you get that?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice... Both of them.

What lower did you use for your SBR?

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the Remington nightstick.

Shocked that with regular federal flight control was not unpleasant to shoot.

I like to keep it handy…. For close encounters Smile

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I like the custom strap! Where did you get that?

Artjl1952 on eBay

Bozman , pm’d

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Great time at the range today making fireballs at will !!!!
LoL

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Pumps are great until you have to fire it from a car window.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Seriously forgot I had one. It’s in a cheap safe in the laundry room closet. Forgot about my Beretta 1201 as well. It looks like it’s rusting.

I was wondering where my wak was.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
im interested in the Remington Tac 14 but about 6 yrs before these were legal, I got the stamp for my factory Remington 12 inch SBS. its a USSS contract overrun gun...so I guess I don't really need the Tac 14??

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Some things should be done simply because one can. In my mind, one of these is one of those.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you thinking about buying a 14" model, ONLY the Mossberg will accept the mini-shells and that's with this adapter:

https://www.opsolmini-clip.com/

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
For those of you thinking about buying a 14" model, ONLY the Mossberg will accept the mini-shells and that's with this adapter:

https://www.opsolmini-clip.com/

And also, only buy it direct from them or a trusted retailer. Amazon was at one time flooded with fakes.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I just bought the 20-gauge version. Relatively cheap ammo, plenty of power, and somewhat straightforward to find. I imagine on lighter loads shoots like the mini-shell 12 gauge - but that is a guess.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
My shockwave is still one of my favorite guns to shoot. It’s second only to my SP5.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post