SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Laser bore site
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laser bore site Login/Join 
posted
I am in the market for a laser bore site. Is there a difference in function/performance between the cartridge in chamber verses stick in end of barrel styles? Is there much of a difference in the $18 dollar vs $80 dollar versions? For someone who plans very very infrequent usage? Primarily looking for rifles today but would like one for pistols at some point as well. Do the ones for rifle tend to have higher power laser for longer distance sight-in?

Really just looking for any advice on laser bore sites. Specific brand advice welcome as well.

Thanks

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
For rifles I just secure it, like in my tripod.
Then with the bolt removed I just set a target at 15 yds or so, center the bore on the target and dial the optic in for windage and about 1.5" low.

Run it out to 100 yds and dial it in.
It's usually pretty close and only takes a few shots.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.midwayusa.com/s?pe...ng=0&Brand=LaserLyte

Mine is very old but useful. They now have added leveling accessories.

I've typically mounted the scope indoors, then go outside to see if the projected dot is still close to the vertical crosshair at longer distances, up to 50 yards.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post