SIGforum
RRA LAR-8 Stock Question

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6860037024

March 09, 2017, 10:51 AM
Tompow
RRA LAR-8 Stock Question
My buddy just acquired a RRA LAR-8 in a swap for a long over due debt. Seems like a decent .308 but the RRA stock sucks! Can he just swap out with any other after market stock? More than likely will be a Magpul. Seems like the hand guards are fairly proprietary but one would think a stock should be interchangeable.... any info is helpful!
March 09, 2017, 11:41 PM
CandyMan.45
If it has a collapsible stock on it, then yes...

Just double check to see if it's Mil or Com tube to be safe. Mil is straight and Com is slanted.
March 14, 2017, 06:52 AM
Tailhook 84
I put a CAA stock on my LAR-8 (don't laugh, it works for me) and was able to jimmy a Magpul handguard onto it as well. It was a tight fit but finally managed to get the ends past the delta ring. In hindsight I probably wouldn't have scratched the delta ring if I had shaved the ends of the handguard with a dremel.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."
March 14, 2017, 09:32 AM
trebor44
LAR-8 Carbine extension tube measures 1.182 OD. Magpul mid-length installed with no issues. RRA does post a warning about other hand guards and the thread mis-match for their receivers. At lot of AR stuff will interchange but defer to their CS for confirmation. It is a great rifle, and it too can be 'barbied'.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!