SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Springfield Armory model 2020 rimfire, takes 10/22 mags AND Rem 700 triggers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Springfield Armory model 2020 rimfire, takes 10/22 mags AND Rem 700 triggers Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
You all see this new rimfire bolt rifle from Springfield Armory? Takes Ruger 10/22 magazines and Remington 700 drop in triggers. Genius!!

https://www.springfield-armory...2020-rimfire-rifles/

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They hit all the right buttons except an adjustable stock.. if they had done something like Boyd’s AT-ONE would have been a complete winner for me. (I know, a Bradley cheek riser is the way but it would have been so slick as a factory option.)

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
The walnut stock upgrades get pricy fast!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it. I asked my local favorite FFL to see if they could get me one of the two lower priced Wood stock models. Then I will throw a Leupold on it and Bob's my Uncle.

Rule Number Nine - Always carry a knife.

Posts: 35 | Registered: June 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Wonder if it is made here or another one of their imports?

May have to grab one if made here.
I like my Savage MkII in the Boyd’s stock but hate the magazines.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25428 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is made in Turkey according to a Springfield rep on the phone yesterday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vjb.knife1,

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vjb.knife1:
It is mace in Turkey according to a Springfield rep on the phone yesterday.

Good review:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...rimfire-springfield/

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
made in Turkey

Zero interest for me

Posts: 5327 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not giving a pass on all Turkish manufacturers, but I wouldn’t write them all off either. Depending on who makes it for Springfield, it might turn out to be quite good.

There are several ISO 9001 manufacturers in Turkey right now and they do make significantly better quality items than you used to be able to find, labor costs are better, and the difference between the lira and the dollar make it possible to make more significant investments in the manufacturing process. Turkish shotguns used to be uniformly terrible but have come up in a big way, and Girsan 1911s my FFL carries have been more consistent than some of Springfield Armory’s entry level 1911s made in the US.

If anyone knows who is making them for Springfield, please chime in!!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:

If anyone knows who is making them for Springfield, please chime in!!

'RETAY'

https://www.gunsandammo.com/ed...y-guns-review/461666

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
made in Turkey

Zero interest for me

Same.

————————————————

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:
made in Turkey

Zero interest for me

Same.

Why?

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I was interested until I saw the pathetic accuracy of 2 MOA. If it cannot at least do 1 MOA, I'm not really interested as my Ruger American Rimfire will do just as well with CCI SV ammo.

Posts: 4589 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I was interested until I saw the pathetic accuracy of 2 MOA. If it cannot at least do 1 MOA, I'm not really interested as my Ruger American Rimfire will do just as well with CCI SV ammo.

That is a good point, I may have to rethink this, however the price is pretty reasonable.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:
made in Turkey

Zero interest for me

Same.

Why?

No interest in imports from American Companies in this sort of firearm.
Plenty of great .22s made in the states that will do what this gun does and more.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Without being able to see one yet, I’d have to say I’d probably still stick with my Ruger American if it uses 10/22 mags. I may be the minority but I really dislike the 10/22 mags, I’d take tube fed any day, that being said, my American is a tack driver for me, ( minute of muskrat) at 75 to 100 feet. I’m not keen on the black synthetic but for a marsh gun it’s perfect. I hope the Springfields do well, there’s always room for more .22 rifles…

Posts: 457 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I may be the minority but I really dislike the 10/22 mags,

Curious what you dislike about the 10-22 mags? I really like them...10 rounds, flush fit, and so far have been very reliable in my American Rimfire. They did take a little polishing to smooth up, but once slicked up a little they've been fantastic. You can also buy them anywhere.

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
It's 2023...think it took them a couple of years to work out the kinks?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with my CZ.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I was interested until I saw the pathetic accuracy of 2 MOA. If it cannot at least do 1 MOA, ...

Here's another review wherein, the author reports better results at 50 yards.:

"All my grouping was sub-MOA, and the best of the bunch was .5 MOA. "
https://tinyurl.com/mr32cjhs