SIGforum
I’d like help choosing my first skeet Shotgun ** UPDATE , made a purchase **

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6780098574

November 07, 2020, 07:58 AM
Scooter123
I’d like help choosing my first skeet Shotgun ** UPDATE , made a purchase **
FABARMS L4S Sporting. An excellent shotgun I've taken a look at more than a few times. However I'm an old geezer set in my ways so you won't see me shooting Skeet with anything other than a SxS or O/U. I shoot with someone who has the N2 XL and it's one heck of a package with an interchangeable rib and the slickest adjustable comb design I've ever seen.

I've stopped counting.
November 07, 2020, 08:18 AM
Nick
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Supersports are on the lighter side of clays guns. Between the low gun weight and the recoil system, you will feel recoil a little more. However, you don't need heavy loads to hit skeet clays -- 1 ounce of shot at slower muzzle velocities of 1170-1200 fps does just fine.

You may have challenges finding a Supersport for $1500. But a lightly used gun will be fine.

I kept coming back to the SS in my final decision making process, but the gas gun won out as I looked forward. I’m 56, and while I’m strong and in good shape now, the next 15 years will most likely hold some physical decline. I thought I could shoot the gas gun longer and more comfortably.

The other factor was cost. I decided I wanted this new acquisition into a new sport to have a warranty. A new Supersport was just more than I was comfortable spending. The L4S was already over my $1,500 budget.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"
November 07, 2020, 09:32 PM
x0225095
You chose well. That’s a fantastic shotgun.

Congratulations!

.......tell us how it runs.

0:01