SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Updated the SBR thanks to VTHOKY
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updated the SBR thanks to VTHOKY Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Thanks to VTHOKY doing a little machining on the BCM rail I was able to upgrade from an old painted Troy Vtac rail to something a little more modern!

Anti rotation and extremely tight fit made assembling the switchblock in place an absolute nightmare, but it’s in there now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Is that tape on the rail or a type of snap in cover(s)? I like it.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
It’s BCM MLOK covers, they are very low profile but do make the handguard feel more cylindrical, which was the one thing I always liked about the Troy hand guards.

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Oh, man, OttoSig! Now that you've posted pics, I really wish we had painted that for you as proposed! Big Grin

I like those MLOK covers. I'm going to have to find some of those.

God bless America.

Posts: 13491 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
Very Nice. I did a similar thing on a handguard many moons ago and I still love the setup.

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
M4,

I been seeing those pictures for what seems like a decade now when searching custom switchblock handguards.

Noveske made some Mlok but only for 7.62 rifles unfortunately

Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
M4,

I been seeing those pictures for what seems like a decade now when searching custom switchblock handguards.

Noveske made some Mlok but only for 7.62 rifles unfortunately

At least! Big Grin I built it when the switchblock first came out. 2009-10ish? No keymod or MLOK back then...only quad rails, and I was tired of them.

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
You and me both, I sold the factory Noveske 2-piece handguards in short order and went with the Troy Vtac handguard cause I too prefer a round handguard.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Hey, Mr OttoSig, I've got a question -- what's the light mount you're using on that setup?

God bless America.

Posts: 13491 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Arisaka in-line scout mount

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Got it. Thank you!

God bless America.