SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MCX / MPX Kate moss stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCX / MPX Kate moss stock Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted
What is the big deal with this stock? I've seen them go for ridiculous money on Gunbroker.

And where did the name come from?

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The stock is very thin, like Kate Moss, which is probably why it got the name. It was the first stock the MCX was released with and is likely OOP.

My MCX was an early one and came with it. I tried a couple of the other factory MCX stock options, but always went back to the Kate Moss stock for the light weight and the raised cheekrest. The main complaint is that since it’s all metal, your cheek feels the ambient temperature of the stock (like cold on a cold day).

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is somebody producing a copy of the Kate Moss?

rambo

Posts: 243 | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Parker mountain machine is. But they are always out of stock.

Why do you ask?

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Parker mountain machine is. But they are always out of stock.

Why do you ask?

Because I wouldn't mind getting one or getting a Kate Moss.

rambo

Posts: 243 | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
I have a Kate Moss on my MPX and I'm not a fan of the cheek weld. Not sure why they became the holy grail of folding stocks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
I have a Kate Moss on my MPX and I'm not a fan of the cheek weld. Not sure why they became the holy grail of folding stocks.

If ya plan on selling it, let me know.

I like the way it looks.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have several of them. They look cool but aren't all that functional or comfortable.

J-Mac makes a similar version that's threaded on top for a 3D printed cheekweld. It's a bit shorter LOP vs. the original Sig version and has no rubber pad like the Sig version.

I'd like to try out the PMM version if they ever make them more readily available.

Here's the J-Mac on my Daewoo

and a Sig MCX / kate moss on a BRN180 I put together

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post