SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What is your favorite factory model of the Ruger 10/22?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite factory model of the Ruger 10/22? Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
In the same vein, 10/22 KRBI-BBZ

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my blued international. It was the first rifle I ever fired

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I actually have never owned a 10/22...I feel like a that's a shortcoming that I should correct at some point. I've shot plenty and have always liked them, but I have a Glenfield Model 70 that kinda fills that hole in my safe right now. Honestly, if I stumbled across a good deal on a used base model carbine with a wood stock I'd be perfectly happy, although I've always thought this Talo edition was kinda cool:

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
the old 10/ 22 sporter with walnut stock I had a chance to buy one years ago and like a idiot I let it go.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I have six 10/22's including a charger. Out of my six, my personal favorite is the Sporter, but I shoot a Frankenstein the most (probably close to 20 years). Black Hogue HB stock, Magnum Research carbon fiber barrel, and stock receiver and trigger group. Oh, and topped off with a cheap Simmons 22mag scope.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I have a stainless International with the "man licker" stock and a stainless Target.

My Target is a fantastic rimfire for plinking from the bench. I have even taken it to the local Tomball GC Benchrest matches a couple time now.

fun fun

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
10-22 Commemorative model is my favorite.

Upgraded with BX trigger and Tech Sights, put some swivel studs on it for M1 type cotton sling.

Most favored for Appleseed shooting. Very economical. I've shot the "rifleman's score" with it on all Appleseed occasions attended (3 so far) by day 2. Not perfect, ergonomics could be a smidge better, but it's hard to expect more for the price.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
Ruger makes a whole bunch of configurations and special editions and I’ve got a few, but my favorite is the 10/22 Sporter. I just really like the classic checkered walnut stock and blued barrel.

The only thing I changed on mine was to install the Ruger BX trigger. It will usually shoot sub 3/4” ten-shot groups at 50 yds. with the right ammo, typically CCI Standard Velocity. Mine has a Vortex 2-7x RF scope mounted on it, which I really like.

What rings/mount did you use for the 2-7x Vortex?

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody likes the takedowns? I have a plain Jane old one and a hydro dipped TD. I think the TD is cool. The little backpack they sold it with is the bees knees.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I'll get a pic of it later, I have a stainless heavy barrel Kidd 10/22 mounted in a Hogue OverMolded stock.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post