SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The night vision and thermal thread
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The night vision and thermal thread Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have one I mounted onto a nite shot handi cam that I made an improvised NV system for a spare .22 just to see if it was feasible.

It works, but the FOV is very poor and you have a focal distance for viewing.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 32441 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
When I was in the Army we did not get nice scopes like the ACOG, EO Techs, Ai points, IR pointers, and especially NV. The company had exactly one set of PVS 5’s and our CO’s were the only ones to use these so my experience is limited to the Gen 2+ and Gen 1 monocular I’ve been able to afford. I have to say, I’ve been very pleased with my D500 monocular and when used with my Surefire Vampire and Surefire IR civilian pointer I’ve been very pleased with the results. I have friends who have the latest Gen Nods and Thermals of high quality and I can tell there is a difference. The latest NV definitely has better quality and range and the weight on mine is much more yet I’m still pleased with the performance of my Gen 2+. I’m thinking about adding a Steiner Tor pointer to the equipment I currently have. The Tnermal would be a nice addition and as technology marches on the prices drop on older models. Perhaps I’ll be able to add one of those in the future.

Posts: 5608 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post