SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Milsurp - Norwegian m/K98kF1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milsurp - Norwegian m/K98kF1 Login/Join 
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted
In the early 1980’s when they were released by Norway not many made it to the U.S. so you don’t encounter them often here while in Norway they’re still used by hunters on a budget. Forgotten Firearms did this informative video which got my son’s interest so he pulled mine out and took these photos. Forgive the dust. S/27 was the code for Erma, who used stylized script for “Mod 98” unlike other manufacturers.

https://www.forgottenweapons.c...1-repurposed-mauser/

image host

Posts: 6960 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Outstanding.

I'd love to add one to my K98k collection. I think these postwar Norwegian .30-06 conversions are a really neat subset of K98k, along with the Israeli 7.62 NATO conversions.

Your ERMA started out as younger brother to one of mine.

Posts: 33124 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am Kermit the Frog green with envy those have always escaped my grasp. Beautiful condition...VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
If only I could find one K98 that wasn't $1,000+. Prices are insane now. Beautiful collection again!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7163 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post