SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Long Range Rifle Discussion
Page 1 ... 135 136 137 138

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range Rifle Discussion Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
Time to dump that three 'O hate. Check your calendar, its' not 1970 man! Big Grin

I've named my 308 rifle "Dino", in reference to The Flintstones' pet. So....well before 1970. If Hornady, Federal, Prime, or whomever markets reasonably-priced 6 BR/BRA/Dasher match ammo, then the 308 will go pretty quickly. Until then, I think I'll keep the dinosaur for training purposes. 6.5 Creedmoor is pleasant to shoot after training with a three-oh-hate.

6 Creedmoor components are at Black Canyon Customs right now. He's backed up a bit with work; I'll have the rifle in a couple of weeks. Having the Bartlein BB steel barrels cut to 26". So I'll probably be above the MV speed limit for some matches. I have Hornady and Federal/Berger ammo in the basement for testing. Over time I'll see how the BB steel holds up, and if the 7.5 twist is an issue. I may need a set of rings for the scope, but should have everything else.

Posts: 6951 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool! Look forward to see how it shoots

Ahh…… ditch the persimmon wood, 8-track Big Grin Train with the 6.5, compete with the 6!

Posts: 3031 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I finally got some good groups out of my Savage! I purchased that US Optics 17X scope that BlueDog loaned me. The offer was too good to pass up. Thank you BD!

I went through and re-leveled the scope and torqued the rings. Up until now, I was only getting 3/4"-ish groups out of it and I at least wanted it to shoot under 1/2 MOA.

I loaded up some 168 grain Nosler CC's today and headed out to test some rifles. The rifle was much more consistent today than in previous trips. I got dialed in at 100 and shot two 5-shot groups. The first one was right at 1/2" and the second was 0.412" center to center.

I've always wanted this to shoot ragged one-hole groups and now it is.

Now that I know it's close, I'll tweak the load and take a little more care in case prep.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-01 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 4455 | Location: USA | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post