SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    If you are looking for Colt AR's Police Buy Backs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you are looking for Colt AR's Police Buy Backs Login/Join 
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted
If you are in Georgia this place always has lots of Police buy backs. Lots of pistols too.

They also do online sales and the prices are usually fantastic.

I know some of you were looking for a Colt Ar and here you go.

Posts: 3745 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I want that M4.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34365 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
just hop on 75 and head on down to McDonough, its a big store with lots of goodies.

Posts: 3745 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1100 for a used police trade in? Seems kind of high for just a used Colt M4.

Posts: 3403 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
$1100 for a used police trade in? Seems kind of high for just a used Colt M4.

It is $850 + shipping.

The CAR15's with the flashlights are $1100.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34365 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
850 for a m4/6920. That’s about sale price for a NIB if you shop hard. 1100 for a 1/9 twist with restricted markings a3 with a surefire flashlight. Depends on model of flashlight I guess.

Wonder if he’d sell a lower separate… I have some colt uppers I’d prefer colt lowers for.

Posts: 4943 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn. Kind of high… we just traded in a bunch of Colt 16” carbines for Sig M400 11.5”carbines. The dealer is asking for $500. Most officers bought theirs back but, he has a few left.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
The dealer is asking for $500. Most officers bought theirs back but, he has a few left.

Where? They aren't on GB.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
The dealer is asking for $500. Most officers bought theirs back but, he has a few left.

Where? They aren't on GB.

No. At a local gun shop. I will check to see if he has any left. If he does I will get you his contact info.

posted Hide Post
For whatever reason I think the "Colt's Law Enforcement Carbine" and restricted markings command a premium.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
For whatever reason I think the "Colt's Law Enforcement Carbine" and restricted markings command a premium.

Funny part is they don't magically shoot any better than all the others. Insert PT Barnum quote here..LOL

Posts: 2190 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
quote:

Funny part is they don't magically shoot any better than all the others. Insert PT Barnum quote here..LOL

Arguably they shoot worse since most (maybe all) of them have .170 FCU pins so there are limited options for aftermarket triggers.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
quote:

I wouldn’t buy one to be a shooter, it’s a collector piece in my mind, a snap-shot of history.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5723 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I want one because it's a cheap pre-CZ Colt.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
As of Friday they still have most of them They have also added some Puerto Rico Department of Justice marked Glocks. I picked up a S&W 6906 from PR and it has been fantastic.

posted Hide Post
Well, he has one left. I was wrong on the price. $600 something. Fat handguards. This one has the M4 Carbine stamp w/ LE to start the serial #. Some had Law Enforcement Carbine. Little banged up from being used, carried, and in & out of an overhead rifle rack in our cruisers. If you want I can send you the dealer’s name and number.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]