SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR trigger and weapon light recommendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR trigger and weapon light recommendations Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I wasn't so much worried about the law looking at the trigger if that ever happened.
But it was pretty "touchy" and you had to be aware of it.
I only let people have 3 rounds at first as a weak grip will do a mag dump pretty easy.
Real easy to do unintended double taps if you try to ride the reset to much.
I almost kept the trigger but let it go with the upper to spice it up a bit and move it along.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
I wasn't so much worried about the law looking at the trigger if that ever happened.
But it was pretty "touchy" and you had to be aware of it.
I only let people have 3 rounds at first as a weak grip will do a mag dump pretty easy.
Real easy to do unintended double taps if you try to ride the reset to much.
I almost kept the trigger but let it go with the upper to spice it up a bit and move it along.

It's installed but I haven't shot it yet.
Function tests only right now and it is on the lighter side. Only trigger lighter is my varmint rifle in 243. That is about hair trigger and I'm afraid to breathe on it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Did you know that the new contract federal agency AR rifles all come with 3.5 Geissele triggers?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Did you know that the new contract federal agency AR rifles all come with 3.5 Geissele triggers?

I did not know that.
That makes me feel better about maybe using this rifle for more of a defensive weapon.
A lot of the accessories are coming next week and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Modlites for my wml and I like SSA-E best but I a few more LaRues than anything else.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’m not an attorney, and even if I were I wouldn’t presume to claim that we can’t be criticized or sued for any reason, starting with the color of our socks. I haven’t seen the “too light trigger pull” issue raised here in a while, but I believe that it got its traction in these discussions because of the situations in which it’s raised.

There is a difference between claiming that a shooting was unintentional and accidental, and that it was intentional and justified.

If we’re relying on the Alec Baldwin defense of “the gun went off by itself,” then the trigger characteristics are important. If the other side can say, “No, it didn’t go off by itself. You installed a hair trigger that would fire the gun with a light touch, and that’s what you did. Not only did you handle the gun in a careless manner, you made it so it was unsafe by having a trigger that was unsafe,” that can be a problem.

If, however, “It wasn’t an accident. I shot him because he was threatening my life,” then how does the trigger pull weight matter? “Yes, I changed the trigger to make the gun more accurate to shoot. That lessened the chance I’d miss and shoot something or someone that I didn’t intend to. Guns with heavy, rough triggers are more difficult to shoot well, and that can make them more dangerous.”

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I’m not an attorney, and even if I were I wouldn’t presume to claim that we can’t be criticized or sued for any reason, starting with the color of our socks. I haven’t seen the “too light trigger pull” issue raised here in a while, but I believe that it got its traction in these discussions because of the situations in which it’s raised.

There is a difference between claiming that a shooting was unintentional and accidental, and that it was intentional and justified.

If we’re relying on the Alec Baldwin defense of “the gun went off by itself,” then the trigger characteristics are important. If the other side can say, “No, it didn’t go off by itself. You installed a hair trigger that would fire the gun with a light touch, and that’s what you did. Not only did you handle the gun in a careless manner, you made it so it was unsafe by having a trigger that was unsafe,” that can be a problem.

If, however, “It wasn’t an accident. I shot him because he was threatening my life,” then how does the trigger pull weight matter? “Yes, I changed the trigger to make the gun more accurate to shoot. That lessened the chance I’d miss and shoot something or someone that I didn’t intend to. Guns with heavy, rough triggers are more difficult to shoot well, and that can make them more dangerous.”

You're absolutely right but the argument still exists about aftermarket triggers.
I had a Glock years ago that was worked on by the armorer for the local city PD. The pull was so light that I knew I wsnt going to carry it. It made a great range/competition pistol and I won a few PPC matches with it.
Jjones stated that some agencies are running 3.5# triggers in their rifles so I wouldn't feel that worried about using it if I had to but I have 2 Colts that I'd be more comfortable using just because they have triggers I'm more used to.

Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
My favorite triggers are #1-La Rue MBT 2 and #2 Rock River 2 stage.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So impressed by the CMC triggers that I ordered 2 more for the other Colts. Easy install and the break is excellent.
I did order the Inforce light but canceled the order today and went with a Streamlight.
I received no updates on the Inforce order and when I emailed back asking, they said it was out of stock and would not be back in for about 2 weeks. I did not receive anything when I ordered it saying it was OOS.
Have a Streamlight on the Mossberg and it works fine.

posted Hide Post
Where exactly is the arm pit of Ohio? I live in grove city.

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
Where exactly is the arm pit of Ohio? I live in grove city.

Warren/Youngstown area.