SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Interesting New Short Shotgun From Kel-Tec: The KS7
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting New Short Shotgun From Kel-Tec: The KS7 Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
**Kel-Tec haters, keep on moving along**

New shotgun from Kel-Tec: The KS7!

The KS7

Kel-Tec’s secret is out: The KS7 shotgun and CP33 pistol are here

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Is this a single-tube KSG? Or a shorter dual-tube?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

It's a single tube now I believe.

And with a flared end so your hand doesn't slip forward and get blowed off! Big Grin

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I love my KSG and will definitely grab one of these.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

It's a single tube now I believe.

And with a flared end so your hand doesn't slip forward and get blowed off! Big Grin

In all fairness I think that was a aftermarket VFG made by UTG or other of similar quality. But sill your comment made me snort & LOL!!

You know... It's freaking ugly. But I'd shoot it. The CP33 won't win a beauty contest but I bet it'll sell.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I'll put my money on the IWI TS12

https://iwi.us/product/tavor-ts12/

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

I think this will fill the needs for those with lower budget. I think I saw MSRP of $499 for the KelTec.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

MSRP is 1399 so probably 1000-1200 street price which might be above and beyond what some people might want to pay for a shotgun despite the obvious cool factor. The KSG and now KS7 offers a good alternative to budget minded consumers that want a 12 gauge other than a 870.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they’ll have options to swap out that carry handle top with a rail. Getting rid of that would do a lot to make it less ugly IMHO.

Wonder how long it will be unobtanium for most people, with just rumors of sightings here and there and only in the hands of a blessed few?

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Agreed, I'm not a fan of the carry handle look.

KSGs are pretty regular on the shelves now, but they were unobtanium for a while when they debuted.

The CP33 is interesting, a 22lr version of the PMR30.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call me crazy but I like the handle with the sights. I wish Kel Tec would make a larger forearm and a handle like that for the KSG.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I think the carry handle/sights are actually better for a bullpup shottie than the typical buis pair. Probably more durable too. I think this gun looks like an excellent HD choice.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:

50 round mags!!?? Hell yes!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
quote:

50 round mags!!?? Hell yes!

33+1 on the CP33, hence the model number.
Just like the PMR30 is a 30+1.

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
33+1 on the CP33, hence the model number.
Just like the PMR30 is a 30+1.

33rd flush fit but 50rd extended mags available... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOP7pxFZUHo

Sorry for the thread drift. Looks like Kel-Tec is stealing the show this year!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek
I stand corrected.

I imagine you've got to take caution when loading, wonder if rimlock is an issue?

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It's uglier than a KSG with reduced capacity. You get one pound lighter.

Is that all? Or am I missing something?

So far, I'd rather have a KSG. I do like the design of the fore grip more on the new one.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
The KS7 looks like an excellent choice should the Xenomorphs of LV426 attack.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Friend has a KS7 & I put a few tubes through it today

He had it loaded with high brass buck shot when he handed it to me.
I've never shot a gun that hurt, but this remedied that. Very stout recoil, as expected from a plastic 12ga.

Loaded it up with #7 bird shot & it was more manageable. Still stout, but not much more than my 26" Browning pump.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
The KS7 looks like an excellent choice should the Xenomorphs of LV426 attack.

I bought one. Just to keep it handy. For close encounters Smile

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post