SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Velocity Trigger use in MPXs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Velocity Trigger use in MPXs Login/Join 
posted
I am wondering if any of our members have had experience using Velocity Precision Engineering triggers in their MPXs. If so, I would like to hear any pros or cons.

Thank you in advance,

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

If the enemy is in range, so are you...

Posts: 185 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The silence speaks volumes. I believe I have the answer to my questions and concerns.Thx...

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Posts: 185 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about velocity, actually never heard of them. But I do know that if they don't actually say (and warranty) that their trigger will survive in an MPX that it is unlikely to do so.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From their website:

quote:
The Marksman Performance Choice Trigger is a single stage, drop-in trigger – now available for pistol caliber carbines! Our 9mm/ PCC trigger is a drop-in trigger for any standard AR-15 style pistol caliber carbine as well as the Sig Sauer MPX PCC. Perfect for the competition shooter and designed to give you more customization options and improve your finger’s position on the trigger, Our MPC 9mm/PCC trigger shoe is 3/8″ wide rather than the standard 1/4″ width of a standard trigger. This gives it a greater tactile feel and together with our MPC Series’ Sentinel Trigger Guard it’s an unbeatable combination that performs like no other. The Velocity PCC Trigger comes in 4lb pull weight only.

Terms & Conditions

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

posted Hide Post
The MPX PCC is the 16" barrel MPX. Not sure if that makes a difference.

The Timney MPX is designed specifically for the MPX and is now available with a curved trigged if you don't like the straight trigger.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they say it will survive the MPX then I would certainly say its a candidate. No personal experience of course. Me personally I would call and see what exactly they have tested and for how long. I have shot a zillion rounds with the stock, Timney, Wilson and Geissle. Before Geissle changed their minds about their stock AR product I broke one SSP, and I have broken one Timney MPX. This gun is tough on triggers.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please try to keep this focused on MPXs & Velocity Precision Engineering triggers. That was and still is the question.

Thank you to all who have contributed...

DE OPPRESSO LIBER