SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who like the telescoping stock on their MCX?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who like the telescoping stock on their MCX? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
As we all know, the MCX comes from factory with the fixed length folder. That's well and good for folks that it fits. However, for me it is just a little too long. So, I finally found the telescoping (collapsible) stock for it, and it is so much better. Not perfect, but much better. Why not perfect? It only has 3 positions, fully collapsed, fully extended, and midway.

Fully collapsed: useless, except for storage.
Midway: a little too short.
Fully extended: a little shorter than the folding stock, which is good. But still, I would like it to be about an inch shorter. If SIG made a stock with a 4th position between midway and fully extended, that would be perfect. I know, I'm just wishing. The chance of it happening? Probably less than zero. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27494 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
In short, looks cool as hell, but essentially worthless?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
In short, looks cool as hell, but essentially worthless?

Not worthless, since the fully extended position is still better than the folding stock, for me.

Q

Posts: 27494 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I liked the old Swiss folder on the 556 rifles better than anything else but I have think I'm the only one.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does it lock in place? Push button? Could a machinist modify it for your needs?

Posts: 46 | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are different rods available that can fix any issue here. I got mine from titleiiarms but I'm sure there are others. Order (or I'm sure they would be easy to make) what you need.
I like the stock but its a mess with a sling sometimes...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11161 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sweetwine:
How does it lock in place? Push button? Could a machinist modify it for your needs?

Push button.

Q

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Caveat: I despise A3 style stocks (Kate Moss > A3).

Suggestion: You could have a machinist cut an extra pair of notches in the struts you have to give you that extra position between mid and full extension.

Actually, while you are at it, you could have the machinist weld shut the middle notches so the stock doesn't annoy you when it stops short at that "middle" position.

IMO, SIG put the button on the wrong side of the stock. If the button was on the bottom you could use your dominant thumb to release the stock and your off-hand to maneuver the stock.

I made a number of suggestions to SIG at the 2016 SHOT show including selling struts without the middle notches cut out. Since you know what you want, it shouldn't be that hard to machine out new notches where you want them.

The only people I can see benefiting from the middle position would be obligate body armory uses. For the rest of us, the middle position is just an annoying speed bump on the way to where we need the stock to be.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the side telescoping folding stock?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...ock-mcx-mpx-blk.html

I have one and offers me a better cheek/stock weld than the skeleton folder or the collapsing/telescoping.

Additionally, I remember reading on the MPX thread that there is an aftermarket company which makes a collapsing/telescoping stock with longer length of pull and more interim positions.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
These guys make the MCX/MPX replacement rods with lots of different lengths and options:

http://www.titleiiarms.com/SIG_Telescoping_RODS.html

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2599 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carotxn:
Have you tried the side telescoping folding stock?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...ock-mcx-mpx-blk.html

I have one and offers me a better cheek/stock weld than the skeleton folder or the collapsing/telescoping.

Additionally, I remember reading on the MPX thread that there is an aftermarket company which makes a collapsing/telescoping stock with longer length of pull and more interim positions.

This is what you seek.
I have a KM and the above stock.
Went with the above stock because it's more comfortable and functional on my MPX sbr and it looks cooler.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post