SIGforum
AR triggers - CMC 2 stage or Geissele SSA/SSA-E ?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6200035334

November 21, 2017, 03:50 PM
fz4vgq
AR triggers - CMC 2 stage or Geissele SSA/SSA-E ?
I currently have a single stage CMC 3.5 pound flat trigger and really don't like it. I'm going to a 2-stage curved trigger. I've felt the CMC 2 stage 2lb/2lb and really liked it but I'd like to hear from anyone thst has used both how it compares to the Geissele 2 stage triggers like the SSA & SSA-E. Is the 2nd stage break cleaner on the Geissele ? Better reset ?
Thanks,
Fz
November 21, 2017, 06:55 PM
jjkroll32
Larue is having their "divorce sale" right now.

MBT for $99. Pretty solid deal to consider. Might not be an equal to the SSA-E, but inching toward the SSA (especially at its price point)

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
November 21, 2017, 07:59 PM
bubbatime
The SSA and SSA-E triggers in my safe are my least used triggers. I prefer the $99 MBT and $60 polished BCM trigger.

November 21, 2017, 08:29 PM
IndianaBoy
I have an SSA and a Larue MBT.

I like the Larue better and it is less money.

I have a CMC single stage and it is pretty good too.

Out of all those three I would pick the Larue.

My favorite trigger is a JP single stage but it is more than twice as much money as the Larue.
November 21, 2017, 09:00 PM
fz4vgq
Thank you guys ! Just ordered one for $99
November 22, 2017, 05:26 AM
sgalczyn
quote:
Originally posted by fz4vgq:
Thank you guys ! Just ordered one for $99

Dropped the MBT into my DD M4V11 weeks back - luv it.
All indications from reviews is its somewhere in between the SSA and SSA-E , I'm quite happy with it.

"No matter where you go - there you are"
November 22, 2017, 09:55 AM
soggy_spinout
I still prefer my SSA-E triggers but the MBT is damn good, especially in light of the savings.
November 22, 2017, 12:59 PM
kimberkid
Not that it matters now, but I've used RRA 2-stage triggers for years and have their 2-stage Match trigger in almost everything, they're normally $120. I've found them on sale often for $99, and last year they had a half price sale on the and I bought triggers for guns I didn't have yet!

My most recent "build", a 6.5 Creedmoor, I pulled it all the stops, Spikes 308 Jack upper & lower, JP Enterprise match barrel, 17"composite handguard, JP low mass chrome bolt & carrier with the captured recoil spring, Magpul furniture and a Geissele SD-E (2 stage / 3.5lb total pull) with the flat trigger bow ... although I like it I think I'd have been just as happy with a RRA 2-stage varmint trigger, its also 3.5lb; not offered with a flat bow but 1/2 the price ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
December 03, 2017, 03:54 PM
fz4vgq
Got it yesterday. Feels great. Can anyone explain why they send the plastic faux lower with it ?

https://flic.kr/p/E1ctcY
December 03, 2017, 05:19 PM
lkdr1989
Test your trigger or other trigger groups.

quote:
Originally posted by fz4vgq:
Got it yesterday. Feels great. Can anyone explain why they send the plastic faux lower with it ?

https://flic.kr/p/E1ctcY

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV