SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The first rifle purchase of 2024! Ruger won me over with their refreshed American Gen II in 300BLK.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The first rifle purchase of 2024! Ruger won me over with their refreshed American Gen II in 300BLK. Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I came INCREDIBLY close to buying a first generation Ruger American rifle but as luck would have it when I went into my local fun shop today, fully expecting them to be sold out of the rifle I wanted in the caliber I wanted, they not only had it in stock but had multiple caliber options available.

While examining the beautiful revised second gen Ruger American rifle I quickly discovered it was manufactured in North Carolina less than an hour from where I live! That is pretty cool! The new stock, twisted fluting that resembles barrel rifling along with the nice feel of the rifle and AR-15 magazine compatibility won me over.

I need to find my Lyman digital trigger pull gauge because this rifle has an adjustable trigger pull which will be fun to dial in.

Many of my pistol and rifle purchases recently have been 22lr, which is a caliber I hold near and dear as it is affordable enough to allow for excessive amounts of shooting without costing a fortune. Big Grin This 300BLK rifle won’t be as affordable to feed but it will be tons of fun. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stickman - Thanks for posting this Gen 2 rifle (I had not seen this new design before your post). I just finished reviewing this rifle’s detail at the Ruger site and learned that if one wants this rifle in the 300 AAC Blackout caliber, your only option at this time is the “Ranch” model (which I really like).

I have the first generation model in 300B/O and now you have me wanting this second generation model. I only shoot mine suppressed with subsonic loads, and it is so fun to shoot.

I think this will be my next purchase when my local gun shop has their annual Ruger sale (April).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarmsp226,

Posts: 3346 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks good, I think my next AR will be a 300BO, one of these would make a nice companion

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16014 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stickman - You have mail Sir. Mark

Posts: 3346 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Stickman - You have mail Sir. Mark

I got your email! Thanks!! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Palmetto State Armory has the 308 Ruger American Gen 1 for $399!! Eek

Now THAT is tempting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~