SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA FN 14.7" upper arrived today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA FN 14.7" upper arrived today. Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted
I played around with an AR 9mm upper for a bit and while it was a cool range gun I got tired of the whole brace deal and wasn't shelling out $200 for a stamp.
So I sold off all the 9mm stuff and started looking for another upper in the .223/5.56 flavor.

Lots of stuff to choose from and the PSA looked like a good deal, was a lot better a year ago but oh well.
14.7" FN CHF Chrome lined barrel, mid length gas with a pinned and welded A2 flashhider.
Nice job on the P&W, centered and the spot weld was finished.
Gas block looks centered with one of the set screws a couple threads deeper.
May be dimpled, I'll find out when I scoot the gas block back to check the port size which should be 0.076"
Nice handguard, I believe it's Midwest Industries, I don't see a reason to change it.
Finish is even and looks good.

I picked up a Toolcraft Nitrated BCG to go in it with a BCM charging handle I had.
Added a sling mount, MS4 sling, MBUIS, Romeo5 XDR on an ADM QD mount and an Inforce light.

I used an Anderson lower with a BCM polished trigger and PSA LPK.
I like the A5 action so used a .308 carbine extension tube, green spring and an A5H2 buffer and Magpul stock.

I had to tap the rear pin in and there is no slop between the upper and lower, rock solid.
When I had this lower on another PSA upper I had to use an o-ring around the front lug or it flopped around.
This is the only one out of the four that I have had that fit this well and didn't need something to snug it up.
7 pounds with no mag.

I'll set this one up to run 62gn Mk318 with a 36 yard zero.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Thanks for sharing. I just started a new build too and almost got that same upper. I eventually went with a Phase5 upper because I liked the rail kit.

Those FN barreled uppers are great!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9141 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Pleased with both of my FN barreled uppers. Smile

Posts: 11349 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post