SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SCAR 16 10" gas jets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCAR 16 10" gas jets Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
I was wondering what gas jet sizes are you guys running on your 10" suppressed SCARs or if you even swapped to new sizes? I'll be sending off bbl soon to get chopped and want to go ahead and get some ready if I need them. I was thinking ordering 1.5,1.7 and a 1.9 to see which one runs/functions the best.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David W,

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think it'll be between 1.7-2.0.

I think I settled on 1.85mm, but I'm not sure.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Please be more specific in your thread title.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It completely depends upon what suppressor you’re using. High back pressure cans like AAC will need smaller jet, while low back pressure cans may need larger. This thread on arfcom should help you decide where to start:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Ar...-Gas-Jets/24-485774/

You’ll want to buy a range of jets and tinker until you get it dialed in. The ability to swap gas jets and fine tune for suppressor use is a great attribute of the SCAR. My 10” sbr is so soft shooting and not the least bit gassy with SF 762 SOCOM RC.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2313 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys, I'll go ahead and order a few to get started.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you'd be surprised how 0.05 difference in size can help / hurt function. It's really worth it to get it exactly right, depending on ammo, suppressor, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
My factory 10” SCAR barrel came with a 2.0 gas control screw installed and it was of course very overgassed. Now run a 1.75 and it seems about perfect. Shooting IMI M855 ammo which is definitely not a weak powder charge. Ammo not loaded quite as hot may need a bigger GCS size. Using both Saker 556 and Saker 556K cans.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post