SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Are these Browning scope ring bases Talleys?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are these Browning scope ring bases Talleys? Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
I need to scope my Browning BLRs. I've held off long enough and I just don't have the eyes anymore for the fine, open sights on these rifles.

I usually go with Warne rings and bases but user reviews say the Warne bases for the BLR are contoured for the older steel receivered BLR and that the aluminum receiver has a slightly different top contour so the Warnes don't fit as well on those.

So I've been looking around and found that Browning has their own bases for the BLR - gloss blued, to boot. They look like Talley bases. In fact, all Browning rings and one-piece designs look like Talleys.

Anyway, here they are at Midway. Thoughts?

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...021455464?pid=315519

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
pretty certain Talley makes the X-Bolt rings for Browning so they probably do make the BLR rings, as well.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Certainly look like Talley to me

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post