SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Shot My Kel-Tec Sub2000 Again After 2 Years
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot My Kel-Tec Sub2000 Again After 2 Years Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Went to the range this morning with my FIL and BIL and brought my Kel-Tec Sub2000 (9mm, Beretta magazine) for all of us to shoot.

Shit on KT all you want but this little thing is SO FUN to shoot, and accurate as all get out. I had my Ruger AR-556 too but we all preferred to shoot this little carbine.

Anyone here have one? Mine is OD green with a riser and a red dot scope. It sits in my closet as one of my self-defense guns, I’ve also got a light/laser on it.

Posts: 33816 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wish I'd grabbed one when they were cheaper.
That & the CMR30

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Glock magazine one. They are neat little guns which surprises me to say because the rows of little screws holding it together kind of creep me out. That being said, it fits just about in anything and is ridiculously practical. They even have come down in price around my neck of the woods.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They were $250 after rebate a few days ago. Still pretty darn affordable.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My BIL said it almost sounds like a suppressed rifle in the movies. I think it sounds like a nail gun Big Grin

Posts: 33816 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
PSA has green one for $399.00 or $299 after rebate.

Sub 2000

Posts: 3574 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
I love my 9mm Sub 2000. After putting the break-in rounds through it, I literally bought everything available for it in the M-Carbo catalog (and they have a lot!).

The folks at M-Carbo are great. They have videos for parts installation which made it easy as well as a lot of fun. If you like the Sub-2000 in stock form, you will love it with the M-Carbo trigger kit, butt pad, optic mount, etc.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
PSA has green one for $399.00 or $299 after rebate.

Even better, the black model for G17 mags is currently $349.99+tax but less $100 after rebate. I can't remember ever seeing Sub2000s in 9mm for less. 40S&W on the other hand...

palmettostatearmory.com/kel-te...9mm-rifle-black.html

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Mine (Glock Mag version) was my Steel Challenge gun for 3 years, about 70 matches. Love that gun.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago I went shooting with a friend who brought a friend who brought a Sub 2K and let me shoot it. I rarely buy any guns just for fun, usually for some perceived role or need, but I had to get one and did. Green, 9mm, M&P magazine as that is my primary EDC. Added a Midwest Industries red dot mount as it folds completely out of the way and under when the gun is folded and a Sig Romeo. Kind of clunky to deploy but it works fine, this is not a home defense gun, and I am happy with it. Also M-Carbo buffer tube rubber sleeve and charging handle (which is kind of a pain to fit the recoil spring in for reassembly after cleaning) and someone else's butt stock pad. At some point I am thinking I will send it to M-Carbo for them to install their trigger, I watched the video and I think it is beyond my low skill level to install. It is fun, accurate and reliable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kho,

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I've had a gen 1 for some time. Eventually put an M Carbo rear sight and trigger and a RedLion front sight (the original sucked). I also opened up the ejection port a little (I believe they did this on the gen 2). It seems to like 124g more than 115g.

Sub2k drift Big Grin

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
The M-Carbo trigger is a bit fiddly to install, but if you watch the video, it really is not that difficult. I am by no means any kind of gunsmith, but was able to install all of the M-Carbo parts without any real difficulty. The trigger is far better than the stock one.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are releasing the gen 3
https://twitter.com/Mrgunsngea...3WknbNQZyUqJpEQ&s=19

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I need to take mine out again..maybe shot 50 rounds through it since I bought it and bought a bunch of upgrades to it

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:

Looks like they are releasing the gen 3

That is pretty cool!

It folds AND twists now. Once I mounted my red dot scope that was the one issue; I knew I never could fold it in half again without having to take that back off, this eliminates that issue.

It really wasn’t a huge deal for me as this was basically a closet gun.

https://x.com/mrgunsngear/stat...946554439585859?s=46

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I thought certain Gen 2 models already had the ability to twist. Ah, they may now be able to LOCK and twist, not just twist. The Gen 2 may only have been able to LOCK in the normal position, but rest in the twisted position. The Gen 3 may be designed to lock in the twisted position.

If anyone knows for sure, please post.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
I thought certain Gen 2 models already had the ability to twist. Ah, they may now be able to LOCK and twist, not just twist. The Gen 2 may only have been able to LOCK in the normal position, but rest in the twisted position. The Gen 3 may be designed to lock in the twisted position.

If anyone knows for sure, please post.

I have the Gen 2 and it never has twisted. Just folds back and locks.

You may be thinking of some sort of aftermarket mount that I believe did twist out-of-the-way, so you could still have a scope and fold the thing.

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I have the Gen 2 and it never has twisted. Just folds back and locks.

You may be thinking of some sort of aftermarket mount that I believe did twist out-of-the-way, so you could still have a scope and fold the thing.

Thanks for the info. I KNOW I heard youtubers saying Gen 2 models could twist a few months ago (when youtubers were reviewing the S&W clone). When I heard it, I was like "neat". So, I knew the twist was a feature on or coming to the Sub 2000. It's possible Keltec decided distinguish the twist feature to a Gen 3 after sending some test twist models out to reviewers with the Gen 2 rollmark.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Just put in a pre-order for the gen3.....damn 3 payday months! Big Grin

Been advised, they are expected to start shipping out in the middle of January. Next month, off to the Mcarbo website!

Gen 2 does not twist (possibly some reviewers got a per-production model). On my Gen2 I went with the improved rear sight, tritium front night sight, and a light/green laser combo on the left side of the forearm. Added the butt pad, the heavier charging handle, a sling attachment point, locking/release tab, and the tuber cover. I have had no issues with it with lots and lots of rounds through it. I thought of eventually upgrading the trigger but it works, so that has been on the back burner for a while now.

Posts: 3937 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
I thought of eventually upgrading the trigger but it works, so that has been on the back burner for a while now.

The M-Carbo trigger is a night and day difference to the factory Gen 1 triggers. Those plastic bars, etc are just way too flexi. My Steel Challenge times improved (and I didn’t have to work as hard) with the M-Carbo unit in there.
Well worth every penny.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post