SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    9 or 10 round detachable mags for Browing a-bolts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9 or 10 round detachable mags for Browing a-bolts? Login/Join 
Uppity Helot
posted
I am taking a liking to the Browning a-bolt detachable magazine rifles and am considering adding one to the inventory in the next year.

I am interested in trying to make this similar to the Ruger Gunsite Carbine if possible. Or at least have the 10 round capacity if possible. I have seen detachable polymer mags for these rifles available in NZ and OZ, does anyone here know if a domestically available detachable 10 round magazine is available?

Thanks

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a few A-Bolts, one X-Bolt. I use them often, prairie dogging to big game hunting.

I’ve never seen an extended magazine, haven’t looked for one either. A few States have magazine limits for hunting, MI anyway.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Maybe they don’t yet exist in the USA. With the prevalence of 3-d printing maybe some entrepreneurial type will make them.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post