SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Pre-ban SIG SG550-2 SP imported by Sigarms Herndon VA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre-ban SIG SG550-2 SP imported by Sigarms Herndon VA Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
New addition to my collection. I worked a trade plus cash with a local guy I've done trades with before. I also sold a JDI 550 early import to a friend to help fund this.

This is a very early production SG550-2 SP due to the magwell style and Weidmann furniture with one-piece "whale-tail" stock. No paint erosion from the ejection port area and preservative still in the barrel; if this was represented as "unfired", I wouldn't argue that. Of course, it was test-fired at SIG back in 1987-1988.

Based on the serial number, this looks to have been listed on Guns.com at some point and I recall seeing it there sometime last year (the CH cover has been replaced since then and a mag added). The only way to make this nicer is if the original box/styrofoam and a Melli case were included. Well, a Jenny mount of course.

Note the sling style matches the modern style except the captured, vinyl dipped hooks. Newer ones are not captured.

Too many pics to post so will only link a few but check out the album for the rest.

many more pics; https://imgur.com/a/wI7kbxn

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Very nice. My 556 is jealous.

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by M60D:
Nice! I picked up the early DD PE90 that was advertised last month. Same condition immaculate and hard to believe appears factory fired is all.Is there a way to date 90s by numbers? Was brought in by EPS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M60D,

Posts: 17 | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M60D:
Nice! I picked up the early DD PE90 that was advertised last month. Same condition immaculate and hard to believe appears factory fired is all.Is there a way to date 90s by numbers? Was brought in by EPS 3000 range

No real way to know by serial, no. The PE90 you got was not brought in before the 1989 import ban, however, but was imported by EPS as a "PE90P" or "pistol" meaning Chris bought it at auction in Europe recently and had the stock taken off and imported using JDI's hard-earned import approvals on new production PE90P's.

Nice rifle for sure, but, not a pre-ban meaning pre-1989 import.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Wow, thats a dandy.
Great find, thanks for posting the pictures.

Posts: 1564 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Slick!

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heckler
posted Hide Post
Could this be the time to launch the “show us your SIG55x” photo montage..? Smile

Posts: 227 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Looks amazing, congratulations

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Note the sling style matches the modern style except the captured, vinyl dipped hooks. Newer ones are not captured.

The newer slings suck. I wonder if
the Swiss military uses them? I wouldn't want
one of these on my rifle for field use. I have several for collecting purposes.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful rifle! I don’t think I’ve seen the one piece stock before, very cool

FREEDOM IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD

Posts: 101 | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful rifle.

Crisp, clean lines.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow very nice, I have to only look because they are illegal in my country now

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!!

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heckler:
Could this be the time to launch the “show us your SIG55x” photo montage..? Smile

This

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have so many though. So many I'm not even sure how many.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

Prove it

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCFD4:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

Prove it

put a bunch of pics in an album. https://imgur.com/a/y8mbExC

All but one are still in my collection...might have forgotten a couple

posted Hide Post
Impressive, thank you

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7072 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
Absolutely LOVE the OD green furniture beautiful rifle.....

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post