SIGforum
SIG Romeo 5

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5760080024

March 13, 2017, 10:11 PM
Strider41
SIG Romeo 5
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I just checked GovX. They have Romeo4A for 249.95. Might be worth the bump?


Take a ride to Woodbridge and visit Quantico Tactical. I believe they are a Sig Elite dealer and have LEO/Mil prices if you qualify. I ordered a Romeo 4M from them and waiting for it to arrive.


Dum Spiro Pugno
March 14, 2017, 05:02 PM
Stinx
I just bought a Romeo five from my local stealer. $150 Ill mount it and try it next weekend.
March 14, 2017, 05:31 PM
sigfreund
A bit off topic, but I worked with three Romeo04 sights today, and I was very impressed with the windage and elevation adjustments. The clicks were audible and very distinct. The adjustments seemed very accurate and repeatable as well. I was also surprised to learn that the Romeo04 reticle can be switched between a plain dot and the circle/dot like an EOTech. I’ll be curious to see how the sights hold up, but at first blush I would definitely give one a second look.

After quickly and easily zeroing three rifles with the SIG sights, we checked the zero of an officer’s EOTech. We discovered that its settings had migrated 2 inches down and 2 inches right at 50 yards since the last time it had been checked. After chasing the zero all over the target we finally got it set (close enough), but I was again reminded of why I hate trying to zero EOTech sights.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
March 14, 2017, 05:37 PM
IrishWind
quote:
Originally posted by Strider41:
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I just checked GovX. They have Romeo4A for 249.95. Might be worth the bump?


Take a ride to Woodbridge and visit Quantico Tactical. I believe they are a Sig Elite dealer and have LEO/Mil prices if you qualify. I ordered a Romeo 4M from them and waiting for it to arrive.


Just a vet now. Most .mil discounts went way when I earned my DD-214. But coming November I can shop online at the Navy exchange website. So I got that going for me.


Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!
March 15, 2017, 09:52 PM
Dead_Eye
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
...we checked the zero of an officer’s EOTech. We discovered that its settings had migrated 2 inches down and 2 inches right at 50 yards since the last time it had been checked. After chasing the zero all over the target we finally got it set (close enough), but I was again reminded of why I hate trying to zero EOTech sights.


EOTechs in your department are allowed to be used in the field? I don't know anyone after the announcement who would give it their blessing.


__________________________________________________________________

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.
March 15, 2017, 09:59 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Eye:
EOTechs in your department are allowed to be used in the field? I don't know anyone after the announcement who would give it their blessing.


Not my department, one I was assisting.
But now that you ask the question, I may prompt the officer to be more diligent about checking the zero and to take advantage of the refund program if it moves again.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
March 15, 2017, 11:28 PM
ontmark
Dang I missed this price.

Turner’s Outdoorsman, in Southern California, has the Romeo 5 in their spring catalogue for $169.98.

https://www.turners.com/info/4ucrepev-35#.WMoT3411qM8

I guess I will keep trying Primary Arms.
Thanks for the info.



Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck
March 31, 2017, 06:42 PM
AUTiger89
deguns.net has the ROMEO4A for $169.99.

Can anyone recommend a QD mount?




Phone's ringing, Dude.
April 01, 2017, 08:08 AM
GrumpyBiker
Amazon Prime has the Romeo 5 for $153.95




U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "



April 01, 2017, 10:31 AM
BRL
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Amazon Prime has the Romeo 5 for $153.95

Link? I see it for $169.99
https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sau...8-1&keywords=romeo+5



I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.


April 01, 2017, 10:34 AM
BRL
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
deguns.net has the ROMEO4A for $169.99.

Can anyone recommend a QD mount?


Posted earlier in this thread
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...200042024#5200042024



I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.


April 01, 2017, 02:45 PM
rscalzo
quote:
I was also surprised to learn that the Romeo04 reticle can be switched between a plain dot and the circle/dot like an EOTech


Not on the 4A version.


Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
April 02, 2017, 10:02 AM
GrumpyBiker
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Amazon Prime has the Romeo 5 for $153.95

Link? I see it for $169.99
https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sau...8-1&keywords=romeo+5




A friend of mine sent me this saying he just ordered it after seeing mine.








U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "



April 07, 2017, 03:47 AM
06wrb
https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...&utm_campaign=040617

Best price I have seen. $139 for romeo5.
April 07, 2017, 06:51 AM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
I was also surprised to learn that the Romeo04 reticle can be switched between a plain dot and the circle/dot like an EOTech


Not on the 4A version.


I missed that earlier; thanks.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
April 26, 2017, 10:51 PM
Azone
My Romeo5 should be here Friday, can't wait to check it out.
April 27, 2017, 08:23 PM
12131
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I still find the "Made by Sig Sauer" on the listing humorous, compared to the assembled (made) in China on the sight itself, where 90% of owners will never see it.

SIG has a secondary office in China. So, it is made by SIG Sauer. Oh, how clever of SIG.


Q






April 27, 2017, 09:04 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I still find the "Made by Sig Sauer" on the listing humorous, compared to the assembled (made) in China on the sight itself, where 90% of owners will never see it.

SIG has a secondary office in China. So, it is made by SIG Sauer. Oh, how clever of SIG.
You mean SIG Sour?

Razz
January 14, 2018, 10:15 PM
Oz_Shadow
Still liking these?

Just grabbed 2 at $119 each and free shipping.

They are tiny little things! The glass had a slight blue tint on the one I saw.
January 14, 2018, 10:29 PM
PorterN
I traded my Romeo 4m for an Aimpoint Pro for my AR. I still really like the Romeo 5 for my MPX, although I do think I want to try another mount like Grumpy suggested to me in another thread as well.

I haven't had any issues with the Romeo5.



____________________________
While you may be able to get away with bottom shelf whiskey, stay the hell away from bottom shelf tequila. - FishOn