SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Questions about Votex Spitfire 3x. Prism sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about Votex Spitfire 3x. Prism sight Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Good day all,

I am contemplating doing a little shooting experiment with the 3x version of the Vortex spitfire 3x prism sight. My biggest question is how is the clarity/parallax/blur at very close range, 10-20 yards?

I am not planning to use this on anything serious at all so no worries about it being a full on life saving piece of kit. Just want to experiment around with it.

With that in mind any other things I should know/experiences.

Thanks all.
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I have the Spitfire 1x and it has been great. No issues with my astigmatism. If you are planning to use it for close range, look at the 1x. Cabelas has it on sale for $169 marked down from $299.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post