SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I want a Remmy 870 “ Police” Marine Magnum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want a Remmy 870 “ Police” Marine Magnum Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
Nickel plated with sights!! Hell yes!! Anybody got one they want to do some kind of deal with? Holler at me!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Classifieds Section might be a better place for this thread.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
You can either have a Police or a Marine. I've never seen one that is stamped "Police Marine Magnum" on the receiver.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
The “ Police “ Marine Magnum comes with sights, a little hard to find but they are out there. You guys think the extra money for sights are worth the extra coin?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I saw your post in the Classifieds. The sights make it look even better but I'm not sure how much extra they cost. I bought my Marine Magnum back in the early 90's for $400 or so but I know they are up to around $600 now(for a bead sight model.) With an 18" barrel what would you be using the gun for that you would need the sights?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I do remember seeing a black 870 marine magnum on Remingtons website.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
You guys think the extra money for sights are worth the extra coin?

Unless you're shooting slugs, I don't think the sights are needed.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Can always add the sights after. Scattergun tech sights are an easy install. The front just gets epoxied and pinned and the rear is a simple drill and tap for 2 screws. Any gunsmith can do it and doesn't take much time if you don't want to do it yourself.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Awesome info, thanks all!

Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of the Remington 870 XCS Marine Magnum.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could also get the beaded shotgun and by a barrel with the sights for about the same cost as a factory rifle with the sights.

https://grabagun.com/rem-870-m...num-12-18-3-nkl.html

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...sights-nickel-plated

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post