SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Daniel Defense PDW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daniel Defense PDW Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted
I saw Mr GunsnGears review of the new DDM4 PDW, 7” 300blk with an extending brace, and am interested to say the least. I guess its a SHOT show-timed release, shipping immediately.

I am interested to see if there is one at my local gun store to fondle and see how i might like it. I shot a 10.5” 300blk once and for some reason, it seemed to kick a lot more than my VZ58. I cant imagine a 7” 300blk is necessarily very tame. But the wife has her 16” AR softy, so the shorty would be a good backpack/car/- dare i say it - “pdw” Razz

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw this one and the Springfield saint edge pdw yesterday online. I’ve got a couple different varieties of the saint and they are great guns for their price point, but I’ve always wanted a Daniel defense just because I don’t have one... But I think the saint edge Pdw is going to get my money again Roll Eyes

Posts: 1314 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Other than having a barrel with greater longevity and a lighter rail, a person gets far more with the Saints than the dd's.. and usually at a much better price point.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Deep pockets? One can buy and shoot a lot more 7.62x39 as opposed to 300 black out..

Posts: 13860 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Now THATS a backpack gun. WANT!

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
Other than having a barrel with greater longevity and a lighter rail, a person gets far more with the Saints than the dd's.. and usually at a much better price point.

I think the DD is an IMMENSELY better product than the Springfield. My agency at one time authorized the SAINT for patrol use. We had three different people buy one and two of them had to be sent back to Springfield because they would not group and no amount of armoring would fix them. They're no longer authorized.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 815 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:

That’s because DD is in a different league when it comes to quality. Springfield has a lot of work to do.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4011 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Anyone who has been around this game for more than a couple of months knows that DD is proud of their product.

And it must live up to it, because they have been in business for a good little while, through the ups and downs of the market.

Want it? Buy it.

Want something cheaper? Buy that.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’ve been on the fence going back and forth between some type of pistol caliber PDW or 300Blk. I think this little DD just made the decision easier. Put a can on it and it looks perfect for home defense. DD guns aren’t cheap.. they’re not suppose to be. You get what you pay for

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7063 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I’ve been on the fence going back and forth between some type of pistol caliber PDW or 300Blk. I think this little DD just made the decision easier. Put a can on it and it looks perfect for home defense. DD guns aren’t cheap.. they’re not suppose to be. You get what you pay for

i've been on the fence between mid-to-short 5.56 barrels, 7.62x39 and then 300 blk. I thought I'd made my mind up on this PDW but then I got to actually hold a BREN 2. but that's another topic.

Honestly, $1500 for this DD PDW doesn't seem too bad after trying to help my buddy look for a MK18 for a while and seeing those range from 1700-2500 in various conditions and setups. i was pleasantly surprised by the prices I saw online.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post