SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger 10/22 Lightweight barrel recommendation...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10/22 Lightweight barrel recommendation... Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
I've got a few Ruger 10/22's, one sports a Green Mountain bull barrel. It's accurate and a smooth shooter, but heavy.

Wanting to trade it out for a lightweight barrel option that'll host a rimfire suppressor. Just looking for recommendations for those of y'all who've got some real-world experience.

When I search I see all types of options, just looking for some Sigforum trusted feedback.

As always, many thanks!

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1079 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
https://www.acculite22.com/

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

Wow, that bullpup setup looks awesome

Posts: 492 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
Acculite

Your link piqued my interest, but now I’m wondering what makes the barrels so light? I found mention of anodize on the site, so I assume aluminum is involved somehow, but that must require a steel liner—correct?

And I see that Volquartsen offers carbon fiber wrapped 10/22 barrels. Pricey, though.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47751 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
My lightest barrel is a Whistlepig which is Acculite today, Yes they are Aluminum with a steel sleeve in the center. Mine is very Accurate, Maybe not as much as my Kidd stainless Bull barrels but then what other barrels are Cool

Posts: 1046 | Location: East of the DFW Metromess | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TacSol and Volquartsen are both spoken well of, and pricey.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Kidd Ultralite is excellent. Kidd is on par if not better than Volquartsen stuff and traditionally has been far less pricey (saying this as someone who's bought lots from both companies)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want a pencil barrel there’s few choices other than factory. I wanted a threaded barrel after I got my 22 suppressor and it’s in a factory stock but volquartsen trigger group. So I just said screw it and bought a factory Ruger pencil barrel with threads off their website. It’s plenty accurate enough for me. If you want a bill barrel. The skys the limit and there are many choices.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t remember if it is tac sol or VQ that sells a lightweight short barrel with about 12” of rifling plus an added shroud to bring the length to 16+, and when the can is threaded on it sits entirely inside the shroud so you don’t end up with a long muzzle. If I were to get a light 10/2# that is the direction I think I’d go

Posts: 3395 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I have a Volquartsen lightweight carbon fiber barrel, got it about ten years ago. It is stupid light, basically adds no weight to the gun at all. My wife loves that gun because it’s so easy to hold offhand. I see they’re a lot more expensive than they used to be, I think I paid about $250.

Posts: 854 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post