Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Member |
Does anyone make a decent pump action 22lr anymore. I realize it's not a high demand item in today's market, but I just kinda want one. Winchester 62s are not common in my area, and the last one I saw was almost $900 and looked its age. Im aware of a current rossi variant, but its got too much plastic on it. I'm also aware of a rossi 62 clone that's long out of production and is starting to approach Winchester prices. A Perpetual Disappointment... | ||
|
"Member"![]() |
20 years ago my father tracked down two of the Taurus versions of the time for his grandkids. They weren't as nice as the earlier Rossi (or Winchester obviously) and at least one of them had the stupid safety, but they weren't horrible. Especially by todays standards. You might be able to find one of those priced somewhere in the middle. | |||
|
| His diet consists of black coffee, and sarcasm. ![]() |
I couldn't think offhand of anything besides an original Winchester or a Rossi either, and was surprised to find that Henry makes one, with a walnut stock, even. https://www.henryusa.com/firea...r-pump-action-rifle/ MSRP for the Long Rifle is $690, but "real" pricing is surely less. | |||
|
| Member |
If you are open to older models, the Winchester Model 12 and Remington 572 are 20th century work horses. | |||
|
| Hop head |
REmington 12, Winchester 12 is a shotgun I https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/ | |||
|
| His diet consists of black coffee, and sarcasm. ![]() |
Forgot that one. Depending on the OP's taste, it is sleek and modern-looking, not "retro" or "antique"-looking. | |||
|
| Member |
The 572 kinda looks like a shrunken 870 to me, at least in the receiver area. Its not bad looking, but not classical styling either. I was aware Henry made a pump gun, but its been so long since I've seen one I assumed they were out of production. I'm happy enough with the golden boy I have, I think if I can find a Henry model, thats the direction I'll go for now. Seems street pricing is around $500, which i can live with for a plinking gun. Thanks for the suggestions. A Perpetual Disappointment... | |||
|
| Hillbilly Wannabe |
I've been on a little bit of a pump .22 kick. I bought a nice example of the Winchester 62 and it was indeed pricey. Looks like the value is the same here in N. Ga. as in Ohio. Another to consider is the Remington Fieldmaster model 121. I got one at a gun show this spring for $600 . At the same show I tried to sell my Taurus 62 for I think $400 and had no takers. It has as cas said the stupid safety. It sits right on top of the receiver .ugly. The Taurus functions o.k. but needs to be cycled a few hundred times. It is a little clunky. There is a model 61 for sale in state but way too far for me. I really want a Browning/FN trombone. They come up on the big auction site and generally go for a grand or more. With my purchase of the other two I just can't justify one. To the wife or me. Good luck with your search. | |||
|
| Stay Classy!! |
Henry is making a current production one, I think they call it the H3 | |||
|
| Member |
Why did you do that? Now I’m looking for both a 22LR and 22 magnum. Thanks a lot! ----------------------------------------- Roll Tide! Glock Certified Armorer NRA Certified Firearms Instructor | |||
|
| Member |
If it will sauve your conscience, I heard the action is not overly smooth on the Henry models. Needs a couple thousand strokes to break in... not a great reason not to buy, but im trying. Moot point for me. My discretionary funds went into a Texas Rangers commemorative golden boy instead. And the PSA CZ 457 that was mentioned here. Back to saving my pennies... A Perpetual Disappointment... | |||
|
| Member |
Memories, Memories. My FIRST rifle from over a half Century ago was indeed a Winchester Model 62. I remember hoping the door in Grandpa's closet was open far enough I could spy the corner of the stock sitting in the Bathroom closet where he stored it. I never touched it until he presented it to me when I was old enough to be responsible. Grandpa and friends wore out the original Hexagon barrel and Winchester replaced it with a round one. It will still pick twigs off of trees while squirrel hunting. It's the absolute last gun I would EVER sell. My oldest son will inherit it. A Pump action 22 lr, especially the older ones are some of the finest smoothest, sweetest first guns ever made. I truly hope you can find a worthy one. They are my first and eternal love! Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun................... | |||
|
| Member |
Savage made the model 29. Nice little rifle. They had a 29A and a 29B. Not sure of the difference. The one I am familiar with has an octagonal barrel. One on the GB now for $350. | |||
|
Tupperware Dr.![]() |
Here’s a 1959 Winchester 61 I came across a few years ago, in 22 WMR. https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...330048505#3330048505 | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

