SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    In 2017, the Ukrainian military began purchasing examples of an RPG-7 clone from AirTronic USA of Spring Branch, Texas.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In 2017, the Ukrainian military began purchasing examples of an RPG-7 clone from AirTronic USA of Spring Branch, Texas. Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
We live in interesting times ...

https://www.thearmorylife.com/...-down-russian-tanks/

ARE AMERICAN-MADE RPG-7S IN UKRAINE TAKING DOWN RUSSIAN TANKS?

By Martin K.A. Morgan, March 17th, 2022

The ironies of contemporary world history are many and sometimes profound. Recently, complicated politics in post-Soviet Eastern Europe dragged a number of towering ironies before the eyes of the world during the Russian invasion of Ukraine. One of these ironies is the fact many of the weapons being used by both sides were created during the Cold War by the now-dead U.S.S.R. empire — an empire whose geography Russia now seems to be attempting to reacquire.

A U.S. Marine with Black Sea Rotational Force fires the Romanian RPG-7 during Platinum Eagle training exercises. Image: U.S. DoD
A Ukrainian soldier of the 1st Airmobile Battalion, 79th Air Assault Brigade fires an RPG-7 during qualification on May 4, 2017. Image: U.S. DoD

"The RPG-7 has been produced by nine countries and it has been used by more than 40. Since 1961, over nine million examples have been manufactured, making it the most ubiquitous anti-armor weapon there has ever been. From the Golan Heights to Huế’s Imperial Palace, from Mogadishu’s Bakaara Market to the streets of Marawi and Kyiv, the RPG-7 is one of the most successful weapons in the history of human conflict — right up there with the longbow and the trebuchet."

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Not enough ass for a tank but blowing the shit out of transports and light skinned equipment.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Recent Forgotten Weapons video on the Airtronics PSRL (RPG-7 clone):

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Seems much of the fighting is shoulder launched, missiles, rockets, & armed drones. After that maybe sniper fire from cover.

The new ‘switchback’ drones sound interesting, very portable.

Like I said elsewhere, I don’t think we have to tell the media what we send. I think it should be a surprise.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I think the NLAW is responsible for taking out quite a few Russian MBTs

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
I think the NLAW is responsible for taking out quite a few Russian MBTs
NLAWs and Javelins.

Saw a video just recently of a Ukrainian soldier standing in front of a thoroughly trashed Russian MBT, smiling hugely, patting the Javelin launcher he was holding Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post