SIGforum
The BEST 100 yard 5 shot group I haver ever shot in my 65 years...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5480099054

December 18, 2018, 06:51 PM
henryaz
The BEST 100 yard 5 shot group I haver ever shot in my 65 years...
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz: Easiest way to measure center to center, without having to guess at true center, is to measure outside edge to the same outside edge at the other end.

Actually, center-to-center is easiest measured from the outside edge of one bullet to inside edge of the farthest bullet

Well, you're right, of course, and that's what I was trying to say, but not very well. Smile I wasn't thinking of it as a "group", but just two independent holes. Use the same edge on both holes.

When in doubt, mumble
December 18, 2018, 07:26 PM
fritz
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
this is another pic I took after I sighted the scope in before I shot at the orange sticky spot...and yes, I will agree that the stars lined up just right Big Grin...that's a 3" black sticker

There's an old adage of "aim small, miss small". This is likely one reason the group for the 1" paster is relatively tight.

A second reason is likely the color of target versus your scope's reticle. A black reticle can get lost in a 3" black paster.

Your impacts on the 3" paster are generally in the lower half. Combined with the low impacts on the orange paster, I suspect your scope's point of aim needs to come up a little. Assuming you want to zero at this distance with the Norma ammo.

Based on the impacts on the 3" paster, I suspect the Norma is consistently more of a 1.5+ MOA load for your rifle. Well, unless you continue to bang out 3/4 MOA groups with that ammo. But anyway, 1.5 to 2 MOA performance from FMJ ammo is actually pretty good.
December 20, 2018, 09:04 PM
Chris Anchor
Nice Groups but just think how much better they will be when you hit 85 years. Chris
December 21, 2018, 05:29 PM
Sourkraut
Nice shooting!!

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis