SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    RAS-47 police use?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RAS-47 police use? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 380 Swift:
I can never see that happening. Besides the obvious over penetration issues, the PR would be terrible.

Eh, there's actually a surprising range of good 7.62x39 ammo out there these days. Winchester, Federal and Hornady all offer ammo with bullets that might be well-suited to an agency's needs. AKs and SKSs turned out to be fairly popular hunting rifles in some parts of the U.S. when they first became generally available here almost three decades ago, and the bullet companies noticed. Hornady and (I think) one other company have long offered frangible ammunition as well.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I admit that the AK is a good weapon, however I did 3 1/2 tours in VN(the 1/2 tour was a direct result of the "goodness" of the AK).
I know it is emotional, but if I never see another one again, it will be fine with me.
CWO4 (ret) AUS

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post