SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What Are All The Kool Kids Doing for Rails These Days?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are All The Kool Kids Doing for Rails These Days? Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I love the M-Lok rails. I have one from ALG and one from Aero Precision. The only cheese grater rail I own is on a SIG 516, because there are no decent aftermarket replacements aside from the Lancer carbon rail.

ALG rails go on sale occasionally and you can pick one up for a very reasonable price.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
. The military did some testing a year or so back, and found the MLOK attachment system can stand up to a bit more abuse before failure. So the neckbeards have started pointing towards that as the "definitive proof" that MLOK is "better".
Yeah, the testing was done by Crane. Problems with return to zero were attributed mainly due to user error. Problems with failure of the rail were in a test where the rifles were dropped from five feet on to a steel plate, so it impacted on a mounted accessory.

Did M-Lok perform better? Sure, but most users will never come within a fraction of the abuse of the testing, and won't be quickly trying to remove then replace a laser or optic.

I have a quad rail on my work gun (not sure what brand), an old SS series tube on a personal AR, and an M-Lok rail, on a new AR-9. Whether for work or play, I'd be ok with any of them, although I'd probably not do another SS tube due to the convenience of Keymod and M-Lok. Keymod was sold out when I got the AR9, upper, but if the situation was reversed I'd have gotten the Keymod.

99.9% of the people saying Keymod is bad, are just posers who will never use their guns hard enough to even scratch them. Same with those who obsess about having a CHF barrel.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post