SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Shotgun Light Mount
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Shotgun Light Mount Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
Now I can SEE the asshole whose day I'm going to ruin for breaking into my house!

Just picked up a GG&G MLOK barrel clamp for my M590A1. It has a short picatinny rail piece that I stuck an older Surefire X200 that I wasn't using. At typical in-house ranges, the irons point damn near at the center of the hot spot.

This thing is all aluminum and clamps rock solid. The other side still has a free MLOK slot. I also had a side mount for the sling, but went back to the heavy duty GrovTec swivel mount.

How are you mounting your lights/slings to your shotguns??

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17648 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rbdub474
posted Hide Post
AVA Tactical mount and Surefire Fury light.

Posts: 845 | Location: East Central MO | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Streamlight TL-Racker forearm light.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16413 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Trinity brand pic rail I got over Ebeigh. Hey, same X200!

Rail_03 by kpkina, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 17007 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbdub474:
AVA Tactical mount and Surefire Fury light.

How much does the end of the barrel protruding past the light interfere or cast a shadow?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17648 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I believe the AVA mounts are no more.

IWS mounts as well, though there is/was glimpses of hope of them coming back. Had one, didn't care for it. Nordic Components clamp with rail, have one don't care for it. GG&G mount, had one, didn't care for it. L&M single ring mounts, have a couple. Work okay, but there's things I don't like about them. I think basically I don't like lights on shotguns. lol They're great at doing what they do, but gun wise they just seem to take handy lively guns and make them wide, clunky, very nose heavy things. My latest experiment is with the ridiculously priced Surefire micro? mini? Scout light. Small as it is I still hate it being there.

Posts: 21418 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Streamlight TL-Racker forearm light.

I finally went with the Surefire DSF. I tried a few different fixed mounts but always had too much trouble hitting the tailcap switch while maintaining a good grip on the forend. The DSF is a little bit bulky, but works better for me.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, while I'm not opposed to mounting a light to a mag tube/barrel clamp in a pinch, it's tough to beat a Surefire foreend on a dedicated defensive pump gun.

I'm not as much of a fan of the budget Streamlight Racker lights due to the funkier ergonomics and cheaper build quality, but the Surefire DSFs are great (although double the price). However, you can sometimes find older generation Surefire models for cheap, which can be upgraded with a Malkoff replacement LED and body for $100-150 to bring them up to modern performance.

https://malkoffdevices.com/pro...ight-to-fit-surefire

For example, I think I have around $160 total in the Surefire light on the bottom shotgun shown below. About $60 for the old 618FA and $100 for the Malkoff upgrade. Similar price to a Racker, but better.

Posts: 33157 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post