SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Wilson Combat, Hard Chrome, Bulletproof, BCG $99
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat, Hard Chrome, Bulletproof, BCG $99 Login/Join 
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Mine arrived today sure looked pretty.
I recently built a mostly Wilson AR but had a RRA BCG laying around so I used that.
Have since bought another upper and lower build so figured this fit best in the Wilson gun.
Put a nice little coat of MPro7 on the the BCG and slid her on in the gun.
Gave a nice pull and everything was nice and smooth so I did it again.
Something did not sound right and I see that the the carrier group is not fully seated.
It appears the bolt has rotated and now the barrel extension lugs are lined up with the bolt lugs and not staggered as they should for the bolt to seat in the barrel extension.

I have not seen such a thing and now I am in a bit of a quandary. I tried to get the bolt to rotate slightly for the lugs to line up properly. No luck.
And of course I can’t split the upper from the lower since the carrier won’t go forward enough to leave the buffer tube.

Not sure the best way to remedy this.
Any suggestions?

You may need to pull the stock and the receiver extension (buffer tube).

Was the cam pin installed? Was the firing pin installed? Was the firing pin retaining pin installed?

It is unusual for a bolt to not align properly. But it can happen if something breaks or is not properly assembled in the BCG.

bad enough issue in the BCG and you have to pull the stock and the buffer tube to pull the bcg out the rear to separate the upper and lower

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mine arrived today sure looked pretty.
I recently built a mostly Wilson AR but had a RRA BCG laying around so I used that.
Have since bought another upper and lower build so figured this fit best in the Wilson gun.
Put a nice little coat of MPro7 on the the BCG and slid her on in the gun.
Gave a nice pull and everything was nice and smooth so I did it again.
Something did not sound right and I see that the the carrier group is not fully seated.
It appears the bolt has rotated and now the barrel extension lugs are lined up with the bolt lugs and not staggered as they should for the bolt to seat in the barrel extension.

I have not seen such a thing and now I am in a bit of a quandary. I tried to get the bolt to rotate slightly for the lugs to line up properly. No luck.
And of course I can’t split the upper from the lower since the carrier won’t go forward enough to leave the buffer tube.

Not sure the best way to remedy this.
Any suggestions?

If something has come loose, you could also try to use a soft punch to rotate the bolt so that it will close by prying on the bolt lugs. Ideally this would be a soft, non marring prying tool.

It should only take a gentle rotation of the bolt to get the lugs to align properly with the barrel extension and close home. Don't apply any significant force.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Everything appeared to be in place.
I was able to insert it fine initially and it seated properly.
I pulled the charging handle and it slid fine and went back proper on its own force the first charge.
The 2nd time sounded weird and it did not seat.

I’ll try to rotate it with a brass punch and nylon tool and see what we get.
Kind of figure I would have to pull the buffer tube.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Well, that will do it!
They forgot my firing pin.
Not sure how I missed it when I installed it? As soon as I pulled the carrier out I saw it was missing.
I had to remove the buffer tube to get it out.

Guess, I will send them a quick email.

————————————————

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Good to see you got it out.

That's why I tear them down and check them, don't care who made it.
Though you do have to assemble them correctly.
I didn't have the firing pin all the way forward when I inserted the retaining pin and it got interesting for a minute when it failed a function check.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, that will do it!
They forgot my firing pin.
Not sure how I missed it when I installed it? As soon as I pulled the carrier out I saw it was missing.
Missed that, did ya? Razz

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update and the (implied) reminder about the things to check. Smile
Mine is supposed to arrive today.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Mine are due on Monday (or maybe Tuesday w/ holidays) and anxiously awaiting. Smile

And FWIW, I don't see any reason not to Cerakote the carrier.
I always liked them black.

Edited to add that mine came in early - look great.
It was a nice deal and WC T-shirts for $8 ain't bad either. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smschulz,

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine today, everything bound up pretty well due to hard chrome on hard chrome. Lots of lube and some persuasion got it moving somewhat. I'll need to work the bolt for a while to see that it moves freely then I'll tear it down and see if I need to burnish the inside of the carrier at any binding points.

Glad to hear you got yours somewhat straightened out.

Posts: 237 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Robert 90:
Got mine today, everything bound up pretty well due to hard chrome on hard chrome. Lots of lube and some persuasion got it moving somewhat. I'll need to work the bolt for a while to see that it moves freely then I'll tear it down and see if I need to burnish the inside of the carrier at any binding points.

Glad to hear you got yours somewhat straightened out.

The binding point is your gas rings and they are supposed to be tight.

Too loose is when you will start to have issues.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Robert 90:
I'll tear it down and see if I need to burnish the inside of the carrier at any binding points.

As stated, the gas rings are supposed to be tight. I would definitely advise against "burnishing" anything before you have tried the BCG in live fire.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Received my WC order today and had a slightly different problem.

Only the short end of the Firing pin retaining pin was sticking thru the hole on the right side. The longer side had bent around inside the carrier and against the flange on the firing pin. It would come out about an eighth of an inch, just enough to grab the eye with a pair of pliers and pull. Those pins are pretty tough, with considerable effort it straightened out and came out. No damage and a new pin went right in.
The rest of the bolt and carrier looks great.
The gas ring is a one piece and works smoothly.
On looks alone this deal rates five out of five stars. Thanks to the OP for posting this.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D_Steve:
Received my WC order today and had a slightly different problem.

Only the short end of the Firing pin retaining pin was sticking thru the hole on the right side. The longer side had bent around inside the carrier and against the flange on the firing pin. It would come out about an eighth of an inch, just enough to grab the eye with a pair of pliers and pull. Those pins are pretty tough, with considerable effort it straightened out and came out. No damage and a new pin went right in.
The rest of the bolt and carrier looks great.
The gas ring is a one piece and works smoothly.
On looks alone this deal rates five out of five stars. Thanks to the OP for posting this.

Eek

sounds like the goon assembling these needs some remedial training....

posted Hide Post
That's been my thought too. WTF. And some tighter final QC.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
4 days with no response to my email.
Hopefully they are just back logged from the long weekend

————————————————

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Any update?

I ordered three of them yesterday, but I didn’t read the whole thread and see the problems you and others are having.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I still had not received a return email so I gave their CS a call today.
He said that was the first he had heard of one getting sent out without firing pin. He apologized and offered for me to send it back and they would install the firing pin or if I was comfortable with them just sending me the firing pin they would do that.
I said just send the pin I’ll be just fine putting it in.

————————————————

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My three showed up complete with firing pins.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
My firing pin showed up today and we are right as rain!!

————————————————

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Good deal.

Other than being marked “BL” I can’t find anything that would classify these as blend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,