SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    weapon light for both shotgun and rifle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

weapon light for both shotgun and rifle Login/Join 
posted
I would like to keep my lights the same across different long guns.

I have shotguns, a bullpup, and, an AR.

What would people recommend?

I was thinking of the SureFire Mini Scout Light Pro.

In reality, I have no clue and I am looking for suggestions.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I like the Inforce light.
Reasonably priced and has a mount built in.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Now I am so far from being an operator my GI Joes didn’t even win all their engagements. So take this for what it’s worth. Smile

I really like the SureFire mini scouts and they do hold up on rifle and shotguns. I prefer the single cell battery and size of them. The beam profile works well on either long gun.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Surefire M300

Posts: 107626 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Surefire Scout Pro has a nice mount. Either MLOK or Picatinny (comes with both), with an "elbow" that allows more positioning options.

Posts: 2158 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ask, because I have several and one is mounted to my current home defense Nova shotgun.

Fenix - specifically the Fenix PD35V3 1700 Luman series. Is there anything wrong with this companies lights?

https://www.fenixlighting.com/...x-pd35-v3-flashlight

I have shot over 200 rounds (50+ were buckshot) with this light mounted on my Benelli Nova and it still works great. Fenix also sells light mounts for their lights that attach directly to picatinny rail systems.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
I ask, because I have several and one is mounted to my current home defense Nova shotgun.

Fenix - specifically the Fenix PD35V3 1700 Luman series. Is there anything wrong with this companies lights?

https://www.fenixlighting.com/...x-pd35-v3-flashlight

I have shot over 200 rounds (50+ were buckshot) with this light mounted on my Benelli Nova and it still works great. Fenix also sells light mounts for their lights that attach directly to picatinny rail systems.

While none mounted on firearms, I have multiple PD3x (2x CR123) lights that are 15+ years old & still going strong. The output & runtime are outdated, but there's nothing wrong with the lights. There are 3 that I use semi-regularly but might sit for a year+ between uses. Never had one kill batteries or fail in any way.

I think I bought 2 or 3 for the price of a comparable surefire (bulb) model when Fenix was new. I would prefer surefire, but couldn't justify the $$ at the time & now have no need.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fenix - specifically the Fenix PD35V3 1700 Lumen series. Is there anything wrong with this companies lights?
Where are they made?

Since our founding, Surefire has been committed to being a U.S. manufacturer

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Surefire scout is a good mix of price and performance. Streamlight protac rail mount weaponlight if on a budget. Could you specify what shotguns and bullpup? Mounting them in a consistent manner will probably be difficult. GG&G shotgun light mounts are pretty good.

Posts: 9970 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 1301
changed out the plastic barrel clamp for a Nordic Barrel clamp with QD attachment and M-LOCK slot

Tavorx95 stock for now

M&P 15 Sport is also stock for now.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Fenix - specifically the Fenix PD35V3 1700 Lumen series. Is there anything wrong with this companies lights?
Where are they made?

Since our founding, Surefire has been committed to being a U.S. manufacturer

Thanks Para - I did not realize these lights were made in CHINA - Weapon light changes will be forthcoming in my home. Thanks for pointing this out to me. Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Companies like Fenix and Holosun make a good product. But I don't like rechargeable batteries for weapon lights.

I use inforce lights for my shotguns and AR's. I have been happy with them. But if I was going to upgrade it would be to these https://www.clouddefensive.com/

But I guess that discussion has been had here numerous times!!!

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Surefire is the best but you pay for it. A great budget friendly alternative are the Streamlight Pro-Tac lights. I have this one and and another older model on a rifle that's been shot a bunch and have had zero issues.
I really like the lights that take simple CR123 batteries and keep a couple spares in the grip compartments.
Olights are really awesome if you need your rifle to double as an IED. Razz

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
I don't like rechargeable batteries for weapon lights.
I feel the same.

Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Hello. I use this Arisaka light on my rifle. Mine is setup for more distance throw, and it could be equally at home on a shotgun where you can customize the head and tail switch for your shotgun use case (wider/flood).

https://arisakadefense.com/300-series-light-kit/

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Para - I did not realize these lights were made in CHINA - Weapon light changes will be forthcoming in my home. Thanks for pointing this out to me. Mark

Refreshing.
This is in contrast to a fairly common annoyance or indifference by optics buyers, when "made in China" is noted.

Posts: 7878 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
Companies like Fenix and Holosun make a good product. But I don't like rechargeable batteries for weapon lights.

I use inforce lights for my shotguns and AR's. I have been happy with them. But if I was going to upgrade it would be to these https://www.clouddefensive.com/

But I guess that discussion has been had here numerous times!!!

Another vote for Cloud Defensive.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Surefire is the best but you pay for it.

That’s debatable. They make a solid product for sure.
However I am in the process of switching over my Surefires to Cloud Defenisve.
Just wish they would start making a pistol light.

I much prefer the light output, crispness, and beam pattern of the Cloud Defensive handhelds over the Surefires.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25428 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang Guys - Ya’ll are teaching this old dog some new tricks. So much GREAT information in this thread and the two other threads related to my home defense shotguns and XLT’s Beretta 1301 thread.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I’m partial to Modlite PLHv2, I have three of them and they are great. They are great all around light, nice spot and good spill.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3643 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I’m partial to Modlite PLHv2...
That looks great, and made in the USA.