SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Recent Beretta A300 Patrol workout
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent Beretta A300 Patrol workout Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a standard Black Beretta A300 Patrol not long ago.

I finally got a reasonable stock of appropriate ammo to determine how it would function.

I first checked the open sights and found that they were dead on using the Federal LE127 00, keeping all 9 pellets centered on a paper plate at 40’. I then shot some Fiochi 12LE00BK which is a nickel plated, 9 pellet, reduced recoil load. It predictably had one pellet just off the 9” paper plate. The pellets were strung dead center strung vertically. I fired several Federal standard 00 Buck with similar results as the Fiochi. I then shot some Remington sluggers. Slugs were dead on at 25 yards and I was very pleased with the factory open sights. I have read where some owners have complained that the sights were not adjustable and not regulated. Mine was dead on.

I mounted a Holosun 510C on the rail. I shot at a new target with the cheap Remington slugs. Took two rounds to zero. I then shot 3 rounds cloverleafed in the center dot at 25 yards. I decided I was done with slugs. I then tested the 00 Buck again with the Holosun. I was very pleased to see that the Federal LE load was centered in the donut of death at 40’ and I believe that it would all still be in the circle at 50’ as well. I was limited to targets at 40’ and 25 yards at my range.

I had a supply of odd 12 gauge loads from assorted manufacturers in all shot sizes and power ranges. It functioned flawlessly with all loads tested, approximately 200 total rounds.

I was very pleased with the recoil finding it very manageable, even in rapid fire sequences. It is a little more than my Benelli M4 but my M4 is a pig compared weight wise. I really like the weight because you carry it a lot more than you shoot it.

In summary I am very pleased with this shotgun and would recommend it based on my limited sample of one.

Posts: 322 | Location: S/W Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gag - Thanks for sharing this range report.

I tried a variety of buckshot loads in my Benelli M2 and found that the Federal Flight Control 00 Buckshot, LE132 00 - 9 pellet load, grouped the best. You might want to give this round a try if you are still considering other 00 Buckshot loads.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LE127 00 is the higher velocity flight control load. I didn’t have any of the lower recoil flight control loads available.
I managed to pick up a case of the LE127 00.
gaf

Posts: 322 | Location: S/W Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this detail. I did not know there was a higher velocity Flight Control 00 Buckshot available.

Guess I know what my next shot shell purchase is going to be for pattern testing.

Thanks again for this detail.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post