SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    If you want to try 6mm ARC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you want to try 6mm ARC Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted
Midway has the CMMG upper in stock and on sale for $459. ($240 off)
I absolutely love the one I put on my M&P lower!
The 1st group I shot using the Hornady Black 105gr was under 0.5”. (Edit to add: more like 0.35”) After barrel break-in, nothing has changed.
It also shoots the ELD-VT 80gr load very, very well. Haven’t started reloading for it yet, still making empty brass.
This is my first M-Lok forend and I’m getting spoiled by the slim feel.

6mm ARC Upper

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KMitch200,

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3891 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the notice, KMitch200.

Would you fill in details on your accuracy testing, please?

Posts: 16235 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Shooting was done off bench, 100 yds.
I pulled my scope off of my 308 AR because I didn’t have another cantilever mount. Didn’t bother to bore sight, it was just going to be a barrel break in day. I took aim at a spot on the berm and it hit really close to POA. Aimed at a 2” dirt clod and hit it.
Moved to paper and the 4 shot group (the 1st on paper) was one hole - 1moa down, 1moa right.
Adjusted the scope accordingly and the next 5 shot group was right at 0.5” centered.

Cleaned, shot the ELD-X and it was about 1.5” - same with the ELD-M.
(I am going to try those again on a cooler day.)
The ELD-VT was a nice group IIRC 0.75” but I was having an issue with one of the Stoner mags.
(Returned for replacement, no issues now)

I’ll get out again when it’s below 90°.

--------

Posts: 3891 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I don't see it mentioned, but I must ask if it has an adjustable gas block?

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47760 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
No adjustable gas block…yet.
That’s further down the road for now.

--------

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
After my one experience with an adjustable block, I like the idea of something that works without having to fiddle with it. I know that may not be feasible with all loads, but I'm willing to stay withing a reasonable range.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47760 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post