SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Knight's Armament KS-1 Selected as the UK's New Alternative Individual Weapon for the new Ranger battalions and the Royal Marines Commandos - L403A1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knight's Armament KS-1 Selected as the UK's New Alternative Individual Weapon for the new Ranger battalions and the Royal Marines Commandos - L403A1 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
quote:
The United Kingdom has announced the selection of the Knight's Armament Company KS-1 as the new Alternative Individual Weapon for the new Ranger battalions and the Royal Marines Commandos. The requirement for the new rifle was released back in August 2021. It will enter service as the L403A1

Posts: 107626 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Probably doesn't cost $8,000/each either.

Very nice trim looking rifle.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3631 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very nice trim looking rifle.
Until they put all those dumb lights and lasers on there; then they would have been better-served by selecting an M14!

Posts: 2158 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
When I first read about this in the release, I didn’t know much about this particular rifle other than it was likely a select fire version of the SR15. But the 13.9 barrel with the KAC cam is dead sexy.

I don’t own a KAC rifle but I’ve heard that they are even better balanced than a Geissele. And they are pretty damn good.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Bad ass.

Reminds me of this upper I drooled over:
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-suurg-upper/

Until I saw the price. What the FUCKING motherFuck!?

Posts: 5147 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
...And Glock's new GR115F!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8910 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
This is the second or third video I’ve seen reference the Glock “AR”. It’d sure be nice if someone leaked more info on it.

quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
...And Glock's new GR115F!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Includes a Vortex optic...HUGE high-profile contract win for them!

And the Aimpoint ACRO P2...Those are NEVER gonna be available from stock...Like EVER! Mad

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8910 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
And the Aimpoint ACRO P2...Those are NEVER gonna be available from stock...Like EVER!

Indeed. I got a notice from Aimpoint that they were available some time ago, and I believe they were sold out (again) in the 30 seconds or so I deliberated whether I needed one.

And in a somewhat related vein to help maintain the mood. Smile

A sticker I picked up on a visit to Scotland years ago.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't find it now, but one of the articles about this that I came across showed five or six rifles on an armory bench. The way the article was written implied that the rifles shown were the various entrants. That being said, one of them was presumably the mysterious Glock rifle. I wish I could find the picture. Maybe someone with better internet skills can find it. It's easy enough to find a picture of the Glock AR15, but to see the spread of rifles considered was cool.

Posts: 2158 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I can't find that pic/article either, but it appears for 18 seconds (from 1:12-1:30) in the video... Wink

Live Free or Die!

posted Hide Post
So it does! I am bad about not watching videos. I'd rather read and look at pictures.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
100,000 rounds without stoppages using Magpul's PMAG in this platform. That's impressive.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whaaaaaat?! With a can? I thought only piston guns could do that!

Wait a minute; what does that actually mean? What was the firing schedule? How often was it cleaned? My initial troll reaction has been tempered by more thought.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
Whaaaaaat?! With a can? I thought only piston guns could do that!

Wait a minute; what does that actually mean? What was the firing schedule? How often was it cleaned? My initial troll reaction has been tempered by more thought.

From Duane Liptak at Magpul when I asked him:

quote:
No magazine cleaning is normally permitted in most endurance testing, with adding oil at 600rds, cleaning at 1200 being the US TOP 03-02-045 standard which is my understanding of how this test was conducted (D14 standards not TOP, obviously) but I’ll have to confirm.

Obviously he was focused on the mag vs. the rifle itself

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Interesting Knights beat the rest of them out. Not a huge surprise to me but these contracts are fun to see. I don't know much about that horrendous bullpup they've had for years, but seems like they are overdue to scrap that sucker.

It's definitely a cool little carbine.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6976 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the Spear and the HK are piston; the rest are DI. DI was represented more, and ultimately was chosen. I am a "DI" (internal piston) believer, so it's cool to see a DI beat-out two "cutting edge" best-of-the-best piston rifles, even with a silencer in play (and a folding stock on the Spear, which some perceive as value-added). I wonder if there were politics in play; I haven't seen anyone pointing out any obvious red flags. The piston advocates often have something to say, when a piston rifle is selected; "pistons are the future". Folks don't seem as eager to acknowledge a DI success story. Being a KAC, I don't think price was a huge factor, considering the HK and Spear are no more expensive; not on the commercial side anyway.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the slight thread drift but I bought an Acro P2 from Kenzies Optics today. Maybe check with them.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
And the Aimpoint ACRO P2...Those are NEVER gonna be available from stock...Like EVER!

Indeed. I got a notice from Aimpoint that they were available some time ago, and I believe they were sold out (again) in the 30 seconds or so I deliberated whether I needed one.

And in a somewhat related vein to help maintain the mood. Smile

A sticker I picked up on a visit to Scotland years ago.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Weird that my Form 1 for my olde SR-15 came back today.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.forces.net/technol...w-ks-1-assault-rifle

Things that stood out to me, from that video, are placement of lights/lasers and his comments on the suppressor.

I am fond of mounting a laser on the side of the weapon, to get it out of the optic's view; whoever set that rifle up seems to share that feeling. A top-mounted laser is especially noticable in the 1x of a LPVO with a wide FOV. We like wide FOV; it seems logical to keep it as clear as possible. This system does have the Acro, so it's certainly flexible in regards to top-mounted handguard stuff.

His comments on the suppressor being not so much for sound, than concussion and flash, are interesting; I can't help but wonder if those attitudes are going to proliferate. I am comfortable with a couple more inches and a few more ounces, even on a 16" gun, in the name of less noise. That particular KAC silencer has a reduction rating of a mere 12dB, on the Knight's website.