SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New gun day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New gun day Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Browning Citori CX with 30" barrels. I tried out a CZ1012 auto but the lightweight and inertia design was not for me. I traded it in plus a hi end 1911 for the CX. Browning shotguns tend to fit me better than other brands even though I shoot left handed and left eye dominant. Beautiful wood on these, I read that the CX comes with grade 2 wood. Mostly clay target use. Hope she shoots well. Cool

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful piece of wood on that gun. Congratulations.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
That is a beautiful piece of wood on that gun. Congratulations.

Thank you. Browning usually does a nice job on their wood especially the upgrades. This is the nicest one I have had. I had a Gran Lightning that was pretty nice too. I'm going to hate that first scratch !! Mad

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun and that wood is excellent.
Enjoy.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I have CXS in 12 guage, and love it. I use it for Trap and Sporting Clays. They are great guns.

Posts: 2222 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That really is gorgeous.
quote:
I'm going to hate that first scratch !! Mad

It's not really a scratch - as long as there's a good story behind it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun, as someone already said. But it's that beautiful that it's worthy of a second post.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
A piece of art.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Very nice, that new checkering pattern is snazzy, you’re gonna love it!
One of my sons is a lefty, and he shots the Citori and BPS pump very well, I think Brownings have a fairly neutral cast so they are good for wrong handed people (as Pop used to say

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Nice! Congrats. I’m also left eye dominant and shoot long guns from the left shoulder. Is there any cast on the stock?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful stock and the whole shotty isn't to shabby either.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Nice! Congrats. I’m also left eye dominant and shoot long guns from the left shoulder. Is there any cast on the stock?

Pretty sure most Browning Citori o/u stocks are neutral cast. Some may have a right hand palm swell but for your cheek weld, typically neutral.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:

Pretty sure most Browning Citori o/u stocks are neutral cast. Some may have a right hand palm swell but for your cheek weld, typically neutral.

This has been my expierence as well. When I was shooting every weekend I shot a Browning Lightning Sporting Clays Edition (long name) and it was an awesome gun. I put 30K rounds through that one without a failure to fire that I can remember. It fit me well right off the shelf. They are beautiful guns and super reliable.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I am on a roll.... A400 Beretta Upland 12ga. 28" barrels KO recoil system. Pretty dang soft shooter. This has shims to adjust to LH ( Cast on ) shooters. Finally got it where it doesn't hit me in the cheek bone. Going to try and break a few clay targets with it next week.

posted Hide Post
That is really nice. Congrats.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's a beauty

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a lovely gun with some very nice grade 3 wood. I have a 1992 vintage Citori Sporting Clays Lightning and it is a perfect fit, shot my first straight in Skeet with it. Unfortunately age is catching up to me so I have some concerns about the recoil of the 12 gauge. So I picked up a Beretta Silver Pigeon III in 410/28 gauge that fits me just like that wonderful old Browning. Take note of that because Beretta has seen the light a bit and the Silver Pigeon III guns feature a higher comb than most of the 680 series Beretta's. If you ever want a very sweet small bore built on a true 28 gauge frame Beretta offers that option. BTW, everyone I know who has shot the 28 gauge falls in love with that caliber because it's a pure joy to shoot. As for the 410, I use this caliber for practice, the recoil is nothing, it's cheap to reload, and I'm starting to hit in the 20's in 410.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Scooter, Very nice. I have often thought about finding a 28ga. Years ago a Major from the nearby AFB came out to the range with a Beretta 28ga O/U.
I shot a stand with it and was very impressed. I need one. Wink

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Update. I did find a 28ga auto. I picked up this Tri Star Viper G2 Bronze. I've been told this is a Turkish copy of the Beretta A303. The gun gets very good reviews on line. It is a scaled down gas operated design. Very light at 5-1/2 lbs. The only complaints are a heavy trigger. Mine is not bad at around 5 lbs. Very nice wood on these also. The photos of the receiver look green but in reality it is Ceracoted in a bronze color. I put 10-15 rounds of 1300 fps shells through it with no issues. Very pleased.