SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    20rd. AR mag storage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20rd. AR mag storage Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
I’m reorganizing things and find myself wanting a dedicated storage solution for my 20rd. AR mags. Everything I can find on the market is made for 30s and many of those just won’t work with 20s.

Basically looking for long-term storage for bulk empties and something more like a go-bag for half a dozen or more loaded ones.

Could just be that my Google-fu sucks right now, but it usually doesn’t. So… any suggestions other than keeping them neatly stacked in a .50 cal ammo can?

TIA.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16321 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
https://olongapooutfitters.com...15-20rd-grab-and-go/

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3305 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
This might also work. Tall enough for 30s but the internal dividers may be short enough for 20s.
https://store.usgruntgear.com/viar10magpub.html

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3305 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16321 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The old USGI bandoleers are good for aluminum 20 rounders. However, you have to check them, there is stitching that can be removed that make them deep enough for 30 rounders, that would cause the 20 to drop too low.

Posts: 4775 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
https://olongapooutfitters.com...15-20rd-grab-and-go/

This is exactly what I was looking for.

I have one for the 30 round mags, it’s definitely a quality product. The downside is they are never in stock it seems. I ended finding one on eBay! Good luck!!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2528 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the years I’ve been lucky enough to get olongapo bandoleers for 20 round 308 and 30 round AR. It’s a one man shop and h his quality is great but man that dude is always out of stock.

I ended up getting cheap GI bandoleers and some Ace Case ones. Not perfect but good enough for range use and can hand off a bag of mags to somebody.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Maybe M14/G3/HK91 mag carriers will work?

Posts: 7454 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:

Olongapo Outfitters is vaporware. Great, quality stuff. Good luck ever being able to actually order something. Would love to have one of the grab and go for 30 rounders

Posts: 752 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Pretty much. I used a few different Olongapo rigs at work a decade or more ago as active shooter response kits, before hard plate carriers became common. Fantastic quality stuff. But even back then, you basically had to luck out and find it used on the secondary market, since the OO store itself was perpetually Out Of Stock on everything.

Posts: 33157 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
about 32 (IIRC) GI type (as on Aluminum) 20 round mags will fit nicely in a 50 cal ammo can,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10608 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sauer Kraut:

...Would love to have one of the grab and go for 30 rounders

These should work, looks like they're in stock

https://www.sgammo.com/product...nd-556-cal-ar15-mags

Posts: 16033 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by Sauer Kraut:

...Would love to have one of the grab and go for 30 rounders

These should work, looks like they're in stock

https://www.sgammo.com/product...nd-556-cal-ar15-mags

Ended up grabbing several of these molle 6 compartment GI pouches a while back. Shop around, should be priced well under $10 per. Easy enough to store some mags and be able to hand off to anyone that needs mags.

Also shop around a Hungarian 20 round AK mag tanker pouch. Fits 20 round AK mags, should work with 20 AR.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Also shop around a Hungarian 20 round AK mag tanker pouch. Fits 20 round AK mags, should work with 20 AR.

Maybe, or maybe not.

Due to the sharper taper of 7.69x39 cases, AK mags are significantly more curved than AR mags. Especially 20 round AR mags, many of which are basically straight.

Posts: 33157 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post