SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Straight Bow Trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Straight Bow Trigger Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted
Anyone have one yet? Going to build another rifle with my 11 year old and looking for a trigger.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Didnt know they made these. Guess I'll be ordering a handful to replace the curved ones I bought.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like a 2-stage trigger, the MBT-2 is one of the nicest out there. And the price is great.

If you like a straight trigger, then this one works. Personally, I don't like straight triggers at all.

Posts: 7844 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I ordered one to try. I pretty much standardized my builds in their regular MBT-2S.

Always wanted to try a straight trigger.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how it compares to the only 'nice' trigger I've experienced, the Rock River' AR-15 NATIONAL MATCH 2-STAGE TRIGGER'.

I purchased a RR lower on blowout 18 - 24 mnths ago and it has the trigger in it. very smooth and light.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
I wonder how it compares to the only 'nice' trigger I've experienced, the Rock River' AR-15 NATIONAL MATCH 2-STAGE TRIGGER'.

I had a RR NM 2-stage for many years, and it's a good trigger. I think most shooters find that LaRue's and Geissele's triggers are a little nicer than a RR.

Much depends on what you prefer. I found that 1-stage triggers work better for me. Although the break is heavier with a 1-stage trigger, I find it more predictable and a little crisper than the final break of a 2-stage.

Posts: 7844 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks fritz

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
They called me today. Two week backorder.

Not minority enough!

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:

I purchased a RR lower on blowout 18 - 24 mnths ago and it has the trigger in it. very smooth and light.

I haven't handled the flat-faced one, but I have a couple of the curved MBT-2s. My buddy has a Rock River 2-Stage in one of his rifles, so we shot them side by side to compare. His words, not mine, were that after he shot my rifle his felt like the trigger group was full of sand. I didn't think it was that bad, but the MBT was definitely smoother with a cleaner break.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post