SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ 712 Utility - Any owners here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 712 Utility - Any owners here? Login/Join 
posted
I wanted an inexpensive semi auto 12GA and after much research, have put on lay-away at Buds this:
CZ 712 Utility.
CZ sold a more tactical version of this gun for 3 gun matches but that model is now discontinued, evidently.
It gets good reviews and based on my experiences with CZ pistols, I ordered one.
Anyone own or shot one? Or CZ semi autos shotguns of other types?
Thanks in advance!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I have one, and depending on your needs, it's either a really decent gun or a turd. Big Grin

If you want to shoot the high brass loads like the Nitro at clays, or regular 2 3/4" buckshot, it's the bees' knees.

If you want to shoot whatever is on sale at Wal-Mart, probably keep looking.

Basically, keep your shot above 1 1/8oz, and you're golden.

They are a Turkish (Huglu) made gun with a CZ stamp on them, so don't think you're getting legit CZ fit and finish quality like their handguns or bolt rifles, but if you can settle for a pretty decent price on a semi-auto shotgun, they're a good option.

I gave 250 for mine - used - with all the chokes in a kit, and I thought it was a really good value. The 21" barrel is a good compromise length - short enough for HD duty, but long enough to not embarrass you at the local backyard clay shoot.

(I ended up getting second place at ours, but I put many a 1100 and at least one Auto 5 to bed before a Benelli finished me off.) Wink

Best of luck

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
250? That's a deal. I will be using all high brass and wont shoot it a whole lot.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post